Tasmania’s Food, Whiskey & Wine - Jan 2021 – Mar 2021
From 04/01/2021 to 06/03/2021
you'll never have to worry about how much to give.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Hobart Your driver meets you at Hobart airport and transfers you to your hotel. Later, travel to New Norfolk following the River Derwent to the Agrarian Kitchen Eatery for your tasty three-course lunch. The restaurant is housed in the town's historic, former asylum offering vast spaces, large windows and high ceilings and it has become a celebration of local, seasonal produce. Farmers and fishermen provide the high-quality ingredients, the kitchen works its magic, and these, combined with friendly local service create a beautiful and unique dining experience. Next, explore the Hobart area with Insight Choice. Visit the Derwent Estate and sample their signature wines at the historic Limestone cottage cellar door. Alternatively, visit the iconic Museum of New and Old Art, a privately funded collection by David Walsh. Take your time wandering among the unusual exhibits, hear an overview of the various artworks and catch a ferry back to Hobart at your leisure. Tonight, you are free to further explore Hobart.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine)
Day 2 - Bruny Island An early start today to travel to Bruny Island for a seven-course gourmet day tour of the Island. Admire the spectacular scenery, spot wildlife and discover deserted beaches. Indulge in artisan cheeses, fresh oysters, handmade morning tea, homemade fudge, locally harvested honey and Tasmanian whiskey or gin. Enjoy a wine tasting and lunch at Australia's southernmost vineyard. Return to Hobart after your adventurous day and enjoy a delicious three-course dinner in one of the city's favourite restaurants.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 3 - Wineries and Freycinet National Park Enjoy an orientation tour of Hobart and see the historic Cascade Brewery, admire the city panorama from Mt Nelson and stroll around the quaint streets of Battery Point. Cross the River Derwent and travel through valleys and past the Rocky Hills to Craigie Knowe Winery, the East Coast's oldest winery. This family run enterprise continues the vision of founder John Austwick, who planted the first vines in 1979. Sample their wines and enjoy lunch before moving on to nearby Spring Vale Vineyard. Run by the 5th generation of the Lyne family, the vineyard is primarily known for their Pinot Noir, however you'll get to taste a variety of drops at their historic cellar door. Settle into your hotel in the heart of Freycinet National Park, enjoy your hotel's facilities or walk to nearby Honeymoon Beach. Join your fellow travellers for a BBQ dinner as you take in the views over the magnificent Coles Bay.(Breakfast / Lunch with Wine / Dinner with Wine)
Day 4 - Inland Adventures Your first stop this morning is Cape Tourville Lighthouse and lookout, offering remarkable coastal views. Visit quaint Bicheno, a popular holiday destination among locals. Choose between a wine or gin tasting at the Farm Shed East Coast Wine Centre showcasing wines from all 25 East Coast vineyards, as well as Tasmanian whiskey and gin. Interestingly, they also operate as a post office and a retail gallery. Head inland past forest reserves and farmlands to riverside Launceston, one of Australia's oldest cities with many Victorian and Georgian buildings. Stay at the unique Peppers Silo Hotel, a heritage former grain silo converted into sophisticated accommodation. Tonight, dine at the Homestead at Quamby Estate in the heart of the stunning Meander Valley, also the ancestral home of Tasmania's first-born Premier, Sir Richard Dry. Meet your local hosts Emma and Chef Sarah and indulge in a three-course homecooked dinner.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 5 - Return to Hobart This morning, Make Travel Matter as you visit the Lilydale Falls and join a Local Expert for a walk through native bushland and hear about plant regeneration, growing native trees and riverbank restoration. Journey through the Midlands and visit tranquil Ross, an idyllic village rich in colonial history. Walk amongst its buildings from Australia's earliest years and cross its 19th century sandstone carved bridge. Continue to historic Shene Estate Distillery, home to Tasmania's only triple distilled whiskey and embark on a tasting journey of whiskey and gin. Spending time at this property is truly a treat, as you'll soak in the rich history and beauty while sipping on some of the highest quality whiskey produced. Return to Hobart and come together for a Celebration Dinner.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 6 - Farewell Hobart This morning, your trip concludes after breakfast. Take your complimentary transfer to Hobart Airport for your onward journey.(Breakfast) Top Rated Highlights Hobart: During your orientation see the historic Cascade Brewery, admire the city panorama from Mt Nelson and stroll around the quaint streets of Battery Point. Cape Tourville: Visit the Cape Tourville Lighthouse and lookout, offering remarkable coastal views.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..