European Horizon(Multi Share,Start London, End London)
From 13/05/2021 to 29/09/2021
Walk (or jog) along the breathtaking River Rhine & spot castles on the German hillsideLearn how beer steins are craftedSee the famous Lorelei Rock, where sirens are said to sing their beguiling songsVisit a French Perfumery in Paris to learn about the secrets of the perfume trade through an olfactory journeyDrive through the WWI Battlefields on our way to London.
Spend a night in Contiki's very own Austrian Gasthof, two in our Swiss Chalet, another in our Venetian Cabin Village, 2 in hostels and 3 nights in hotels will be thrown in for good measure.
Tantalise your tongue with a European taste sensation as we embark on a journey through Swiss, Dutch, Austrian and German cuisines (read: cheese, cheese and cheese sausages).
9 continental breakfasts will be included, as well as 6 tasty dinners.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 1 - London to Amsterdam 10-days of heart pounding adventure kick off today. Meet up with your Contiki posse & share notes on London town before hitting the road to Amsterdam.Shortly before we find our ferry for France, we'll be taking in the English coastline beauty of the White Cliffs of Dover. They owe their gorgeousness to their composition of chalk - you're learning and we haven't even left the UK!Off the ferry we arrive in the port town of Calais - French soil! We travel north via Belgium before reaching ... Amsterdam!Cross off another country off your list as you cruise through Belgium on your way to Amsterdam.Tonight, the famed for fun Amsterdam is ours to explore following an optional evening canal cruise. An undisguised Red Light District & plenty of bars are there for the curious.
Day Day 2 - Amsterdam to Rhine Valley Now it's time to pour some sunlight on the agenda & take in the beauty of canals, crooked buildings, obscure museums & a café culture like no other.After the scenic journey of fairytale castles, vineyards and valleys, you'll be charmed before we even arrive in Germany's famous Rhine Valley. This back-in-time town is our wine tasting host for the evening. Squeal!!!
Day Day 3 - Rhine Valley to Munich Too much grape juice last night? Not to worry, the prospect of Munich should lift your spirits as we travel south & swap wine culture for beer.Today our eyes will be treated to a famous Glockenspiel, a charming old town & a traditional Bavarian culture. But first, take up the option to explore the side streets and English Gardens by bicycle.
Day Day 4 - Munich to Austrian Tyrol Goodbye Munich, hello mountains. We're hitting the road in search of lands so sweet they made The Sound of Music.This part of the world is famous for adventure sports, so best put your name next to the optional White Water Rafting and get in the spirit of things. Next up, Contiki’s very own Austrian Gasthof (guest house) is waiting for us with open arms. Before we swing into action with a themed party, get outside and explore the dreamy setting we've descended upon, or opt for a tandem paraglide for those thrillseekers amongst us.
Day Day 5 - Austrian Tyrol to Venice Wake up roamers, we have a bountiful breakfast and a floating city in Italy to tend to. Life's tough!You'll think you've seen enough beauty for one day after taking in the Central Austrian Alps & Brenner Pass en route to Italy. And then we'll arrive in Venice & your jaw will hit the floor over hidden lanes, story book bridges & a private canal boat ride.
Day Day 6 - Venice to Swiss Alps Arrivederci, Venice! You've been splendid. And now we're off to the Swiss Alps - the splendour just doesn't stop.Arrive in a picture perfect setting ready for two nights at our accomodation in the heart of this traditional resort town. This place comes to life as the sun sets, so tonight we'll have a chance to check out the local nightlife and foodie scene.
Day Day 7 - Swiss Alps Open the window of your room & drink in the incredible view - if you can find words or photos that do it justice, we applaud you! Feel free to explore this classic European adventure town.
Day Day 8 - Swiss Alps to Paris Out with the altitude, in with the inner-city Parisian bliss. Once we've crossed the border out of Switzerland we will be coasting through the pretty wine producing region of Burgundy before our arrival in Paris.Lamp-lit bridges, a sparkling Eiffel Tower, & evening coffee haunts, tonight we fall in love with everything Paris. Our Trip Manager fills us in on the city's secrets, on a dreamy night-time tour of the 'city of lights' passing the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Champs-Élysées, and Notre Dame Cathedral.
Day Day 9 - Paris Pastries, paintings, perfume - Paris is yours! We'll take you to the glamorous Fragonard perfumery, then the time is yours to roam tree-lined quartiers, explore Notre Dame Cathedral, or get arty in the galleries of the Louvre. It's our last night together - make it count with can-can girls & Champagne over dinner and then Nouvelle Eve cabaret show.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 07 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans