From 13/04/2021 to 07/10/2021
Adelaide Central Markets Guided TourSevenhills Cellars WineryJeff Morgan GalleryWadlata Outback CentreCoober Pedy Opal CentreUluru Sunset Experience with Sparkling wineUluru Sunrise and guided Uluru walkKata Tjuta guided walkKing Canyon Guided Rim walkAlice Springs Town TourAlice Springs Telegraph StationAlice Springs Desert ParkRoyal Flying Doctor ServiceSchool of the AirEarth Sanctuary Dinner under the stars.
Quality AccommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - On arrival today, explore the major sights of this picturesque city. Later, you'll join a local food expert for a guided tour of the vibrant 140-year-old Adelaide Central Market where you'll meet the traders and sample some local culinary delights. Relax this evening at a Welcome Reception and dinner at La Boca Bar and Grill with your Travel Director and fellow travellers.
Day 2 - Today, drive through the rolling hills of the Clare Valley for a wine-tasting at Sevenhill Cellars, the region's oldest winery before stopping at the township of Clare for lunch. This afternoon your journey continues to Hawker, home of the Jeff Morgan Gallery where you'll get to meet Jeff and experience his spectacular 30 metre panoramic painting of the Flinders Ranges! Your last stop for the day is at Wilpena Pound Resort, nestled in the shadows of this remarkable natural amphitheatre.
Day 3 - Take a walk with your Travel Director this morning to the faithfully restored Hills Homestead and Wangarra Lookout which affords panoramic views over Wilpena Pound. Journey through Pichi Richi Pass and historic Quorn to Port Augusta. Visit Wadlata Outback Centre before venturing out for a delicious dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 4 - Visit a former rocket-testing site at Woomera before travelling through salt-lake country to isolated Coober Pedy, regarded by many as the opal capital of the world. View an opal demonstration with a local expert, who'll then lead you through some of the town's iconic underground buildings. Tonight, enjoy dinner at Umberto's Restaurant.
Day 5 - Cross the border into the Northern Territory and continue to Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park. Enter the dual world heritage listed National Park to enjoy nibbles and sparkling wine at the Uluru sunset viewing area, 'Sunset Strip'. Get your camera ready as the sun sets over the western horizon, the evening sky brings out the many shades of colour for which Uluru is renowned.
Day 6 - See the Red Centre set alight by the morning's first rays of sunlight. After sunrise tour the base of Uluru. You may like to take a self-guided stroll around the 11km base of 'The Rock' or enjoy a guided walk with your Travel Director to Mutitjulu Waterhole. You'll view Aboriginal rock paintings as your Travel Director interprets their meaning and significance. You'll also learn about the flora, fauna and cultural traditions of traditional owners, the Anangu. Visit Uluru - Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre where there is time to purchase some locally made Aboriginal art and learn more about the Western Desert region. This afternoon, visit the spectacular domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and walk through Walpa Gorge, following the natural creek-bed between two of the main domes. Take in a magnificent outback sunset at Kata Tjuta while you enjoy sparkling wine and nibbles.
Day 7 - This morning you might choose the optional extra of seeing the Field of Light at Sunrise or enjoy a sleep in. After breakfast you will travel to Kings Canyon Resort. On the way, marvel at Atila (Mt. Conner), the 'forgotten wonder of Central Australia' and stop for a lunch break at Kings Creek Station. Originally vacant crown land, the station now runs cattle and is the largest exporter of wild camels in Australia. Why not taste one of their famous camel burgers for lunch? You don't want to miss out! Now get ready for spectacular sightseeing. You're off on a 6km rim walk exploration of Kings Canyon, which will reward you with marvellous views of Watarrka National Park, where you'll be able to see as far as the horizon and get a real feel for the grand scale of this natural wonder. An easier walk along the boulder-strewn canyon floor is also available.
Day 8 - Your Outback Adventure continues today as you journey past vast cattle stations as the landscapes rises to the spectacular MacDonnell ranges that surround Alice Springs. In Alice Springs you explore the historic Telegraph Station that was established in 1872. It first served as one of 12 stations positioned along the Overland Telegraph Line that stretches between Adelaide and Darwin. Your last stop for the day is Anzac Hill for reflection and the panoramic views that give you an appreciation for Alice Springs.
Day 9 - This morning you will learn about the life of the local indigenous Arrernte People before experiencing the Royal Flying Doctor Service tourist facility. Here you will learn how the facility brings first class health services to people living in the bush. This evening 'Be My Guest' with the Falzon family for an Australian BBQ dinner at Earth Sanctuary World Nature Centre. Join them as they share stories of self-sufficient living and astronomy and even lead you on a sing-a-long accompanied by the didgeridoo and guitar. It will be a night to remember!
Day 10 - Your holiday through the Outback concludes after breakfast. You'll receive a complimentary transfer to Alice Springs Airport for your onward flight
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 09 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans