Queensland Beaches & Reefs
From 21/01/2022 to 23/03/2022
Take in the Millaa Millaa Falls lookout and Curtain Fig TreeFree time to soak up the rainforest village of KurandaJourney the UNESCO World Heritage listed rainforest with SkyrailDive into the ocean of the Great Barrier Reef.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Cairns, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef! Take your time to settle into the warm weather and relaxed vibe of the tropical north. Tonight, you'll meet your newfound friends whilst enjoying a welcome dinner at a Cairns Harbour restaurant.
Day 2 - Board a high-speed catamaran and cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef. The world heritage listed reef is the only living organism you can see from the moon. Imagine that! You'll have the opportunity to go snorkelling and view this natural living wonder up-close (equipment provided) and view the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and the glass bottom boat. Enjoy a delicious tropical buffet lunch before you return to Cairns in the late afternoon.
Day 3 - From the Reef yesterday, to the Rainforest today! You'll be dropped off at Smithton for your peaceful Skyrail Rainforest Cableway journey across the canopy of Barron Gorge National Park. You'll disembark at the Rainforest village of Kuranda with free time to explore. Your journey continues through the Atherton Tablelands, where lush rainforest, waterfalls and lakes abound. Visit Millaa Millaa Falls and the famous Curtain Fig Tree making sure to keep an eye out for the spectacular Ulysses Butterfly. Your destination for the night is Mission Beach where you'll stay with views over the ocean. Magic!
Day 4 - This morning there will be time to take a walk along the shore and feel the golden sand between your toes before you depart. Your drive today takes you to Airlie Beach where the ferry will transport you to the relaxed lifestyle of Hamilton Island, on of 74 tropical islands that make up with Whitsundays. You'll be surrounded by pristine beaches, and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life!
Day 5 - At Hamilton Island the day is yours to indulge and relax by the pool or on the beach - you may prefer to hire a buggy to explore the island (you'll need your driver's licence) or tee off in paradise against the magnificent backdrop of an azure ocean. Or perhaps the famous Whitehaven Beach beckons. Take an optional cruise aboard a catamaran to this slice of paradise, where you can simply relax on the beach, take a swim, or get involved in some fun beach activities.
Day 6 - Your tour ends this morning over a relaxed breakfast with your fellow travellers. Feel free to extend your island paradise or continue along your journey.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 16 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans