Contrasts of Australia
From 01/07/2021 to 01/04/2022
Melbourne Laneways Walking TourHartley’s Crocodile CruiseGreat Barrier Reef Full Day ExperienceTjapukai Aboriginal Cultural ParkSydney Harbour Sunset Dinner CruiseSydney Opera House Locally Guided TourBe My Guest – Bondi Beach Surf Club Experience and lunchMrs Macquarie Chair with spectacular views of Sydney Opera House & Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Quality accommodationTravel in luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport Transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Melbourne! On arrival you will be transferred to your hotel. This evening join your Travel Director for a welcome reception and dinner at the South Wharf riverside pub, The General Assembly. It's a great opportunity to get to know everyone in a unique setting.
Day 2 - Join your Travel Director for a city sights tour that includes a private walk through Melbourne's famous hidden laneways. You'll discover the city's eclectic little lanes, arcades, caf? society and fascinating street art. There's time afterwards to explore the city on your own, enjoy an optional experience or simply relax and watch the world go by.
Day 3 - This morning you will be transferred to Melbourne Airport for your flight to Cairns, Queensland. On arrival join a private wildlife journey at Hartley's Crocodile Adventures. Enjoy a boat cruise and encounter koalas, wallabies, birds, crocodiles and more! There will be time to partake in regenerating the rainforest particular to the Wangetti Valley which Hartley's is located in. Feel free to join is as much or as little as you can with this tree planting project and be apart of keeping the World Heritage listed Wet Tropics alive! This evening is free for you to choose from the numerous restaurants that Cairns has to offer.
Day 4 - Get ready for an experience of a lifetime - board a high speed catamaran and cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef. You can snorkel and view this natural living wonder up close (equipment provided) or stay dry and explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible craft, just one metre underwater. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch before you return to Cairns.
Day 5 - Today is a free day to do as you choose. A great option is the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway to Kuranda, be amazed as you travel over and through World Heritage rainforest, explore quaint Kuranda village and later board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for this historic rail journey. If you'd prefer to spend the day relaxing by your hotel pool or sitting back at a local caf? you can do that too! In the evening rejoin your travelling companions for a Be My Guest dining experience at Tjapukai Cultural Park. Hear dreamtime stories, witness a high impact dance performance and enjoy dinner with your local host to the sounds of the didgeridoo.
Day 6 - This morning you'll fly to Sydney! On arrival there's time to relax at your hotel or explore this exciting city before boarding a Magistic Cruises Dinner Cruise. Enjoy a contemporary two course a la carte meal and the mesmerising views of Sydney at night. You'll pass magnificent waterfront homes, beaches and parklands and all the main harbour attractions including the Harbour Bridge and Opera House.
Day 7 - Kick off this highlight day of sightseeing on a guided tour of iconic Sydney Opera House. Later, your destination is famous Bondi Beach, for an iconic Australian experience. You'll be greeted by a local surf lifesaver before enjoying a delicious lunch at an Aussie institution, the Returned Servicemen's Club, with its views over the sparkling Pacific Ocean. Your host will take you on an exclusive tour through Australia's oldest surf lifesaving club and share with you the history of Bondi and surf lifesaving. Later enjoy some free time to do some shopping, enjoy and Optional Experience or maybe just take a stroll along the harbour front.
Day 8 - Today is free for you to do as you choose. Why not take a day trip to the spectacular Blue Mountains for fresh mountain air and stunning scenery. You'll visit the charming village of Leura, see the famous Three Sisters rock formation and visit a Wildlife Park to get up close and personal to some of Australia's cuddly native animals. If you've always wanted to climb Sydney Harbour Bridge, today could be your chance on a thrilling 'BridgeClimb'. This evening join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a farewell dinner on the harbourfront.
Day 9 - Bid farewell to your fellow traveller when your holiday comes to an end after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 08 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans