From 19/09/2021 to 04/10/2021
Private Guided tour of Parliament HouseGold Creek Station sheep shearing and lunchAustralian War MemorialAfter hours dinner by Pialligo Estate at FloriadeBowral Tulip Time FestivalDevonshire Tea at Mittagong.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Depart Sydney at 7.30am with your experienced Driver Guide and travel through the rolling hills and verdant pastures of the Southern Highlands. Pause at historic Berrima to see its convict-era sandstone gaol, then visit Gold Creek Station to meet a local grazier and enjoy a barbecue lunch. Gold Creek is a pastoral property that currently runs merino sheep and beef cattle. On arrival in Canberra, join a local guide for a tour of Parliament House, the seat of the nation's government. Built almost entirely of Australian materials, 10,000 people worked its construction. Visit the Australian War Memorial, which brings together a world-class museum, a shrine and an extensive archive. Hear an evocative lament before departing for your hotel. Join your travelling companions at a unique after-hours dinner at Floriade, with the innovative team from Pialligo Estate in their Floriade Marquee Caf?.
Day 2 - Enjoy the spectacle and festivities of Floriade 2021. Originally developed as a floral display to celebrate Australia's Bicentenary and Canberra's 75th birthday, this month long festival attracts more than 480,000 attendees per year. The day is free for you to enjoy not only over a million flowers but also markets, sculptures, workshops and live music.
Day 3 - Discover the Southern highlands during Tulip Time, when Corbett Gardens in Bowral becomes the festival centrepiece with over 75,000 tulips. Enjoy a leisurely stroll among the garden beds blooming with colour. This afternoon, a Devonshire Tea of hot scones with jam and cream awaits you in the quaint town of Mittagong. Your colourful weekend concludes on arrival in Sydney this evening at approximately 6.00pm.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 January 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 17 January 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.