Outback Contrasts - A Journey to the Centre
From 04/05/2021 to 09/10/2021
Uluru Sunset drinks and canapesUluru Field of Light Exclusive Sunrise experienceUluru guided touringLunch at the outback Curtin Springs StationAboriginal Cultural ExperienceKings Canyon Guided Rim WalkUnder a Desert Moon degustation dinner with matching winesAlice Springs Telegraph Station tourAussie Outback BBQ dinner with included drinks under the stars in the old quarry hosted by local DannyWest MacDonnell Ranges touring into Simpsons Gap.
Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destinationMost meals, including Local Dining Experiences.
See Dining tab below.
Complimentary refreshments throughout the journeyTravel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioningExpert Driver Guide escortsA maximum of 20 guests on your journeyAll entrance and National Park feesSustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpackExclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communitiesBuilt-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wishAirport transfers (see Flight Information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Immerse yourself in the historic Alice Springs Telegraph Station precinct and learn about the overland telegraph line as you discover its historic buildings. Explore the West MacDonnell Ranges on a walk through the dramatic Simpsons Gap. Relish spectacular views across Alice Springs from Anzac Hill before some free time to explore the town or relax by your resort pool. Immerse yourself this evening against the backdrop of the Outback, enjoying an open-air dinner around a campfire with your local hosts, as the Milky Way lights up the sky.
Day 2 - Now we're off the beaten track exploring along the 4WD Giles Track crossing driver river beds and outback landscapes to Kings Canyon Resort. The flickering glow of this evenings fire under the canopy of a starry southern hemisphere sky is the perfect accompaniment to your Under a Desert Moon highlight dinner. This degustation dinner with matching wines is the perfect indulgent end to the day.
Day 3 - Gaze across the deep chasm at the edge of Kings Canyon as you embark on a sunrise 6km rim walk past the domed 'Lost City' and down into the luscious 'Garden of Eden'. Immerse yourself while visiting the Wanmarra Community with local Aboriginal people and learn about the Luritja and Pertame people's spiritual connection to the land. Discover bush food and bush medicine used for spirituality and healing. Wandering across desert landscapes leaving Kings Canyon behind and arriving for lunch at Curtin Springs Station, a vast farming property. Feel the stirring of something bigger than you as you arrive in Ayers Rock Resort, your launchpad to Australia's fiery heart in the Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park. This afternoon, travelling to Uluru as the day fades, the outback sun bids a fiery farewell. This is the perfect backdrop for included sparkling sundowners while overlooking Uluru.
Day 4 - Observe the shifting lights of the impressive Field of Light art instillation as the desert awakens and the sunrise lights up across Uluru. Explore and learn about the spiritual connection the local Anangu caretakers have with the land. Skirt the red walls of Uluru, hear ancient tales and see rock art, then visit Mutitjulu Waterhole. Relax by the resort pool or take to the skies to see Uluru from above before an afternoon exploring Kata Tjuta for a walk through Walpa Gorge. The evening enjoy your farewell dinner at Ilkari Restaurant.
Day 5 - Relax this morning as your journey comes to an end. You might choose to take in Uluru one last time from the air on a scenic helicopter flight before your journey comes to an end.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 09 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans