Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
From 01/04/2021 to 03/10/2021
3 breakfasts1 lunchAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Ease into the laidback vibe of Cairns and spend the day at leisure soaking up your coastal surrounds.
Day 2 - Journey to the Great Barrier Reef and discover its underwater kaleidoscope of vivid colours. After a motorised sail on board the catamaran Ocean Spirit, you'll arrive at Michaelmas Cay. Don your mask and fins for a snorkel to view the spectacular coral display and tropical fish up close in the cay's protected shallow waters (equipment provided). Cruise in the semi-sub for a diver's view of the reef, watch the fish feeding presentation, observe the bird life or just chill out on Ocean Spirit's spacious decks or on the beach. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on the water before returning to Cairns early evening.
Day 3 - Take the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway through and over the World Heritage rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park. There are two rainforest stations where you can enjoy a boardwalk tour and observe this ancient rainforest from spectacular lookouts. On arrival in Kuranda, there is free time to explore the 'village in the rainforest' and its many attractions, including the Heritage Markets. Afterwards, board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for a historic journey through some of the world's oldest rainforest. Passing the spectacular Stoney Creek Falls your journey winds through man-made tunnels and across bridges to arrive at its destination of Freshwater Station.
Day 4 - Your rainforest and reef encounter concludes this morning after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans