Uluru and Kings Canyon Unearthed
From 13/03/2021 to 02/04/2021
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Journey to the Red Centre of Australia - a spiritual encounter with an ancient land and its Anangu caretakers awaits. On arrival at Ayers Rock Airport, you will be transferred to the resort (flights to arrive prior to 1.30pm). Dive into Culture during a visit to the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre, where there is time to purchase some locally made Aboriginal art and learn more about the Western Desert region. Then, circle the base of Uluru with a local Driver Guide, who will reveal insights into the native flora, fauna and intriguing culture of the Anangu. Discover an array of sacred sites before embarking on a walk to Mutitjulu Waterhole. Explore some of the area's caves and delve into the stories behind the ancient Aboriginal rock paintings. As the sun dips under the horizon and lights up Uluru in a blaze of red, yellow and orange hues, toast to a magnificent day spent exploring the outback.
Day 2 - Rise before daybreak and watch the first rays of sun set Uluru and the Red Centre alight. Later, travel to the mystical domes of Kata Tjuta, enjoying panoramic views of its southern side from the dune-viewing platform. Spend some time exploring the base of Walpa Gorge, admiring its unusual conglomerate rock formations, then travel to Kings Canyon.
Day 3 - This morning, join your Driver Guide for the rocky climb to the canyon rim for superb views of Watarrka National Park (for those with a good level of fitness). Alternatively, embark on a leisurely walk along the canyon creek bed. Later, travel through the desert to Alice Springs, where your Mini Stay concludes.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans