Great Ocean Road and Kangaroo Island
From 23/10/2021 to 01/04/2022
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Melbourne - Warrnambool As this trip departs from the Savoy on Little Collins Melbourne at 7.15am, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night. Buckle up for an epic coastal road trip filled with pinch-me moments. This is one of the world's most celebrated scenic drives and with every detail taken care of, all that's left is for you to do is kick back and enjoy the beautiful views. Your journey along the scenic Great Ocean Road will include a stop in Lorne and Apollo Bay, a tranquil seaside retreat which welcomes Southern-right whales to its shores from winter to spring. Visit the limestone Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge before arriving in Warrnambool, the whaling capital. At the end of this highlight day, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
Day 2 - Warrnambool - Naracoorte 'Dive into Culture' at Worn Gundidj in Tower Hill State Reserve where you will gain insights into the local flora, volcanic formations and medicinal practices from an Aboriginal perspective. Then, cross the South Australia border to Mt. Gambier to view the Blue Lake, set in the crater of an extinct volcano. Your next stop is the celebrated wine-making region of Coonawarra, where you'll join a 'Local Specialist' for a tasting at a local winery. Indulge in the full-bodied, fruity flavours in the region's signature Cabernet Sauvignon wines produced on its "terra rossa" soil and learn how the region played a leading role in Australia's wine industry since the 1890s. Continue your journey to the Naracoorte Caves, a World Heritage Site, where you'll be taken on a guided tour with a 'Local Specialist' through Alexandra Cave, its crown jewel which was discovered in 1908.
Day 3 - Naracoorte - Kangaroo Island (2 Nights) Ease into the laidback lifestyle encouraged by the locals of South Australia's Fleurieu Peninsula and visit Victor Harbor at lunchtime. Delve into the town's reputation for being heaven for foodies as you enjoy lunch on your own at one of its favourite restaurants. This afternoon, board your ferry at Cape Jervis and cross to Kangaroo Island, where pristine beaches, local wines and abundant wildlife wait to be discovered. Later, 'Dive Into Culture' and join a 'Local Specialist' at Kangaroo Island's only boutique distillery to taste a selection of their handcrafted premium spirits. Savour the aroma of native Australian botanicals used to handcraft gins, vodkas and liqueurs. Dinner tonight is at your hotel in Kingscote, South Australia's oldest European settlement.
Day 4 - Kangaroo Island Sightseeing Embark on in-depth exploration of Kangaroo Island, which includes a visit to the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch in Flinders Chase National Park. 'Join Trafalgar' on a private educational ecology tour of the Trafalgar-sponsored Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, which was badly affected by last year's bushfires. Your visit will assist with their bushfire recovery plan and wildlife rehabilitation programme. After lunch featuring fresh local produce, join a 'Local Specialist' at Seal Bay Conservation Park for a guided walk among a colony of rare sea lions in one of the country's most important breeding colonies.
Day 5 - Kangaroo Island - Adelaide (2 Nights) Return to the mainland and continue your journey to Adelaide, the 'City of Churches'. An orientation tour with your Travel Director is followed by free time to explore on your own or maybe consider an Optional Experience.This evening is yours to indulge in the city's multi-cultural flavours.
Day 6 - The Barossa The rolling Adelaide Hills, Hahndorf and the Barossa lay ahead of you today and you'll have the opportunity to sample a number of their world-renowned wines. Enjoy lunch at the South Australian Company Store, then visit Seppeltsfield Barossa to sample some of Trafalgar's favourites with a 'Local Specialist' before touring the surrounding Barossa vines.'Dive Into Culture' at the Jam Factory to see local artisans at work, and soap and perfume being made at the Vasse Virgin Factory. Return to Adelaide, followed by a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and newfound friends.
Day 7 - Depart Adelaide Your journey through the beautiful natural landscapes and stylish cities of Southern Australia at its end, say farewell to your fellow travellers as you transfer to Adelaide Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime). Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR in Adelaide SEE spectacular coastal scenery along the Great Ocean Road, the vineyards of the rolling Adelaide Hills VIEW koalas at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, sea lions on the beach, the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch on Kangaroo Island VISIT Tower Hill State Reserve in Victoria, Seal Bay Conservation Park on Kangaroo Island and wineries in South Australia
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..