From 21/10/2021 to 06/04/2022
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Launceston Sophisticated Launceston is your launch pad for an effortlessly delivered trip along the east coast of Tasmania (flights to arrive prior to 4.30pm). Spend your first day on Tasmanian soil at leisure exploring the beautifully preserved historic cityscape, its Victorian architecture and century-old parks. Take a walk to Cataract Gorge, visit the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery or kick back and indulge in the city's vibrant culinary scene. Later, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception before connecting with Tassie in ways you could never imagine.
Day 2 - Launceston - Freycinet (2 Nights) The floral undertones of lavender will linger long after this morning's visit to Bridestowe Lavender Estate, producer of high-quality lavender since 1922. Gain insights into the estate's history and treat yourself to some of its famous lavender ice-cream, before continuing to Legerwood Carved Memorial Trees site, a tribute to the brave Tasmania soldiers who lost their lives in World War I. Take a stroll along the avenue of trees and delve into the role the ANZAC soldiers played at Gallipoli. Spend lunchtime in St. Helens before following Tasmania's scenic east coast to Freycinet Lodge, overlooking Coles Bay. Indulge in the soul-stirring views that will accompany your two-night stay in these beautiful natural surrounds. Tonight, dinner is served at your hotel.
Day 3 - Wineglass Bay Prime your sea legs on a four-hour cruise of the Freycinet Peninsula with a 'Local Specialist'. Watch seals lazing on granite boulders, admire beautiful beaches fringed by dense bush and witness whales breaching turquoise waters (in season). Your local skipper knows all the best places to spot the resident wildlife. All you'll need to do is keep a keen eye out for penguins, eagles and the gentle giants of the deep. After a morning of cruising in perfection, you'll lay anchor at Wineglass Bay, surrounded by untouched natural beauty - the perfect backdrop to a gourmet ploughman's lunch. Spend the rest of the day enjoying the facilities at your eco-resort hotel.
Day 4 - Freycinet - Hobart (3 Nights) This morning you'll journey west and down through the Midlands, stopping for morning tea in the pretty, riverside town of Ross. Renowned for being the finest 19th-century village in Australia, you'll fall in love with its cobbled pathways, elm-lined streets and moreish scallop pies. Returning to Hobart, you'll stop in Oatlands, on the shores of Lake Dulverton, for a bite to eat. 'Make A Difference' this afternoon and 'Join Trafalgar' in a sustainability programme that allows you to give back to the local community by helping volunteers pot native plants and count seeds at a local not-for-profit nursery. The project encourages residents to grow native plants in their gardens instead of imported varieties. Later today you'll check into your hotel and enjoy an evening at leisure.
Day 5 - Port Arthur Sightseeing 'Dive Into Culture' with a poignant visit to Port Arthur Historic Site, which includes a cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a guided walk of Port Arthur's infamous convict prison with a 'Local Specialist'. Spend some free time tracing the stories of the convicts who left their mark on this former penal settlement, a place of hardship and punishment, and today one of Australia's most important heritage destinations. Your return to Hobart is filled with pinch-me moments as you enjoy views from Pirate's Bay Lookout, Tasman's Arch, Devil's Kitchen and the Blowhole.
Day 6 - Hobart Free Time Today is yours, so feel free to explore all that Australia's southern most capital has to offer. Why not try one of our Optional Experiences. Perhaps cruise to Bruny Island and take in Australia's highest sea cliffs, listen to the awesome 'Breathing Rock', enter deep sea caves and feel the power of nature at the very point where the Tasman Sea meets the mighty Southern Ocean. Don't forget to join in the search for seals, dolphins, migrating whales and sea birds on an ocean cruise you'll never forget. Or visit the iconic Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Australia's largest, privately funded gallery. Wander around the stunningly impressive cliffside building as you immerse yourself in the museum's collections and exhibitions. This evening, celebrate your trip with your fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner in one of Hobart's popular restaurants. Enjoy a front-row seat to Tasmania's celebrated culinary traditions as you toast to your encounter with the island's history, culture and natural beauty.
Day 7 - Depart Hobart This morning after breakfast say farewell to your newfound friends as your holiday comes to an end. You'll be transferred to Hobart Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime). Sightseeing Highlights CRUISE on Wineglass Bay in Freycinet National Park SEE amazing rock formations between Port Arthur & Hobart VIEW carved memorial trees and historic Ross Bridge VISIT a lavender estate, historic village of Ross, Port Arthur Historic Site
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..