From 07/09/2021 to 27/09/2021
CITY TOUR in Auckland and Wellington.
ORIENTATION of Rotorua.
VIEW Huka Falls, Mt.
Ruapehu, farming lands and spectacular coastal scenery along the Kapiti CoastVISIT a kiwifruit orchard in Te Puke, a geothermal valley in Rotorua and Te Papa Museum of New ZealandConnect with Locals Retired champion jockey Lance O'Sullivan and his wife Bridgette are your hosts for a 'Be My Guest' lunch on their dairy farm in the North Island.
(Day 3)Dive into Culture Immerse yourself in Māori culture and enjoy a traditional Māori feast at Tamaki Maori Village (Day 4).
Visit Te Papa Museum of New Zealand and gain a deeper understanding of the traditions of the Māori (Day 7).
6 breakfasts1 lunch (Connect with Locals)3 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Auckland is your gateway to New Zealand's north. On arrival, transfer to your hotel by private car (flights to arrive prior to 4pm) and spend the rest of the day recovering or exploring the City of Sails on your own. Tonight, enjoy a Welcome Reception and dinner at your hotel.
Day 2 - Enjoy a relaxed start to the day before heading to the New Zealand Maritime Museum for an exclusive America's Cup tour. Afterwards, enjoy an extended city sights tour from its heart, Auckland Waterfront to Mission Bay. Keep your camera at the ready to capture spectacular panoramic views of the skyline, sprawling North Shore and Waitemata Harbour from Bastion Point and Michael Joseph Savage Memorial. Your free afternoon could see you head down Queen Street to Viaduct Harbour for a tasty meal in the sunshine paired with a glass of New Zealand's crisp Sauvignon Blanc as you overlook the busy waterways of Waitemata Harbour.
Day 3 - Your Trafalgar Highlight today is a visit to Lance and Bridgette O'Sullivan's dairy farm, where you'll 'Connect with Locals' and discover New Zealand's horse racing traditions over a country-style 'Be My Guest' lunch at the Red Barn on their Waikato farm. Continue to the harbourside city of Tauranga, located in the Bay of Plenty region. A bridge over the harbour connects Tauranga to Mount Maunganui, where you'll have an afternoon at leisure. Why not walk up the extinct namesake volcano via the winding paths or relax on the main beach, whose glorious stretch of golden sand has been voted the best in the country.
Day 4 - Travel to Te Puke, the kiwifruit capital of New Zealand. Here you'll visit Kiwifruit Country, a family-owned business set within a 60-hectare working kiwifruit orchard. Continue to Rotorua for an orientation tour with views of Lake Rotorua, then visit Te Puia and see the steaming hot springs and geysers of Whakawerawera Thermal Reserve. Tonight, an evening of culture, history and a traditional M?ori meal awaits you at the Tamaki M?ori Village. 'Dive Into Culture' as you stroll through the ancient forest village and learn about M?ori art forms and traditions. Watch a cultural performance and experience an authentic M?ori Hangi Regional Dinner, steamed underground in the traditional way.
Day 5 - Enjoy a day at leisure. An Optional Experience could see you visit the Polynesian Spa, take an ancient zipline adventure with Canopy Tours or enjoy a guided tour through the long galleries and lofty chambers of the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Grotto. There's also the option to explore Rotorua and its lakes in an amphibious WWII-era Duck. It's a day of legends, lakes and mythical creatures for you to discover on your terms.
Day 6 - Say Haere Ra (goodbye) to Rotorua this morning and journey out through pine forests and farmland to a little hidden spot, the turquoise torrent of rapids known as Huka Falls. The road ahead unfolds in a broad panorama of Lake Taupo, New Zealand's largest lake. The stunningly blue fresh water of the lake is home to some of the best trout fishing in the world. You will then journey south over the Central Plateau, New Zealand's main volcanic area, and along the Kapiti Coast to New Zealand's capital city, Wellington. Tonight, you are free to dine as you wish.
Day 7 - Discover the treasures of New Zealand's capital city this morning. Then 'Dive Into Culture' as you gain insights into the country's heritage and culture at Te Papa Museum of New Zealand. Your exploration of the iconic north at its end, say a fond farewell to your fellow travellers and transfer to Wellington Airport for your onward flight (flights to depart after 2pm).
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 July 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans