Fukuoka & Kagoshima
Day 1 - Baoshan (Shanghai) When you cruise from Shanghai, check the essential items off the to-do list: See the classical architecture of the Bund neighborhood and walk among the smell of tea and incense in the fortified Old City. Then, if you have extra time, see the nearby Qibao Ancient Town — check out the pagoda-like bell tower, see Qibao Template (it dates back to the 900s) and snap pics of the photogenic bridges and buildings along the Puhui River.
Day 2 - Cruising
Day 3 - Fukuoka Fukuoka, on the northern shore of Japan's Kyushu Island, is known for ancient temples and beautiful beaches. Explore the 17th-century ruins of Fukuoka Castle in Maizuru Park. Then head to the central Hakata district, home to Tocho-ji Temple, where a 10-meter wooden Buddha sits. Cruise to Fukuoka and dive deeper into history at the Hakata Machiya Folk Museum, with displays on daily life in the Meiji and Taisho eras. Slurp ramen noodles in rich tonkotsu broth at one of the city's yatai (outdoor food stalls), then walk it off with a stroll along the winding canals. Pop into Shofukuji Zen temple for some quiet reflection. Or embrace the bustle instead and head to Canal City Hakata, one of Japan's largest shopping complexes.
Day 4 - Kagoshima Japan's southernmost major city, Kagoshima delivers a memorable mix of unique cuisine, historical attractions and outdoor activities in its temperate weather. Take the short ferry ride from the port to Sakurajima Yogan Nagisa Park and immerse yourself in its natural grandeur — take a rejuvenating soak in the 100-meter-long natural hot spring, and take in views of the area's most iconic landmark: Sakurajima volcano, nicknamed the Vesuvius of Japan. Then, take in sweeping bayside vistas at Sengan-en, the elegant estate of the Shimadzu samurai clan, and stroll through its cherry blossom-filled gardens. Cruise to Kagoshima and head to Yurigahama Beach, with its bright waters and mysterious sandbar that appears each month in a slightly different spot, depending on the tides.
Day 5 - Cruising
Day 6 - Baoshan (Shanghai) When you cruise from Shanghai, check the essential items off the to-do list: See the classical architecture of the Bund neighborhood and walk among the smell of tea and incense in the fortified Old City. Then, if you have extra time, see the nearby Qibao Ancient Town — check out the pagoda-like bell tower, see Qibao Template (it dates back to the 900s) and snap pics of the photogenic bridges and buildings along the Puhui River.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..