Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Barcelona, Spain
Welcome to the capital of Catalonia. Bienvenidos to the city of art nouveau, sexy accents and (most importantly) tapas. After meeting the gang, get a feel for Barça on a driving tour – ticking of the likes of the Olympic Park, Plaça d'Espanya, the National Museum and Montjuïc Hill. Then: time to put those fat pants to the test at tonight’s included dinner. Churros for one, please.
Day 2 - Barcelona to Valencia
You’ve got a whole morning to spend doing your own spontaneous this-is-what-I-came-for thing, amigos. But if you need some suggestions, we’ve got your back. Park Güell and La Sagrada Familia are straight-up must-sees. BUT don’t think you can just stroll up in there – you’re gonna’ need to book tix online first. Then: explore the crazy that is Las Ramblas or get lost amongst the maze of winding alleys in the Gothic Quarter. Lose yourself, find yourself, then grab some churros for the road – we’re heading to Valencia this arvo. Head ups! Paella (pah-AY-yuh) is from here, so make sure you sample some of its carby-goodness at tonight’s included dinner.
Day 3 - Valencia
Ready to make like Dora? We’ll head out early for a walking tour of this unique city – ticking off the Gothic gateway of Torres de Serranos, lively Plaça de la Mare de Déu (that’s plaza to me and you), the Cathedral and then onto the foodie heaven that is Central Market. We’ve cleared your schedule so you can spend the afternoon doing whatever makes you happy. Sweet! Delve deeper into the Old Quarter for some serious old-school charm. Hire a bike and check out the futuristic City of Arts and Sciences. Or grab a picnic and hit the beach. It’s 100% up to you. Tonight, get the gang together and head to El Carmen for colourful street art, hipster bars and live music. This is what you came for.
Day 4 - Valencia to Granada
Today we’ll make the scenic journey to Granada – trading the glittering coast for the towering peaks of the Sierra Nevada. Glue your face to the window as your fact-filled Trip Leader gives you the low-down on the last Moorish city in Spain to fall to the Christians. Then: discover what makes this place the hottest destination in Andalusia on a walking tour. And tonight? You’re in the home of tapas. Order a beer. Be patient. And your drool-worthy tapas will arrive. Fact: locals toss their paper napkins on the floor, the messier the floor = the more happy locals. Seriously.
Day 5 - Granada
You wanted free time to delve deeper and experience more – so here it is. 24 hours of uninterrupted exploration time in this incredible city. Need some suggestions? Organise a tour of the Alhambra. Part Moorish palace, part fortification – this UNESCO World Heritage Site is filled with exquisite gardens, intricate medieval architecture and a fascinating Arabic history. Just book your tix well in advance, this one is on everyone’s bucket-list. Rather stay in town? Take in the impressive Moorish architecture of the Albaicín district. Walk up the Mirador San Nicolas viewpoint for some of the best views in Europe (no joke). Then head to Heladeria Los Italianos for the best dang ice cream you’ve ever had. Then tonight, it’s tapas bar hopping time. What are you going for? Sizzling paella? Fresh prawns? Peppery jamón ham. Or spicy patatas bravas. *wipes drool from face*
Day 6 - Granada to Chefchaouen, Morocco
Ready to tick off another continent? We’re off to Morocco after breakfast. Disembark the ferry and say g’day to your Moroccan Topdeck Rep – they’ll be joining forces with your Trip Leader to give you allllll the local insights. Then: we’ll be swapping glittering blue coasts for bluer-than-blue cities this afternoon. Nestled between the looming peaks of the Rif Mountains, Chefchaouen is totally out of this world. Brilliant blue buildings. A maze of narrow alleyways. And authentic local vibes. Get your bearings on a stroll around town – then tuck into dinner at a local restaurant with the gang or head off and do your own spontaneous this-is-what-I-came-for thing. It’s 100% up to you.
Day 7 - Chefchaouen to Fes via Volubilis
Time to don your archaeology hat, ‘cos we’re off to Volubilis to check out the Roman ruins with a local guide. This ancient site dates back to 40 AD and was once the ruling centre of the Roman province of Mauritania. Your inner history nerd just geeked out, right? Then: more history. We’ll be heading deep into the heart of old Morocco on our journey to Fes – where another included dinner is ready and waiting. Cue: allllll the tagine!
Day 8 - Fes
Mausoleums, mosques and medinas are on the cards today as we hit the streets on a whip around the city with a local guide. The 9,000 narrow cobbled streets in Fes el-Bali are lined with spices, food stalls and tanneries, so don't waste a second - get exploring! Visit a local tannery (hint: say yes to the mint, you're gonna need it). Head over to the Ruined Garden for Moroccan tapas in an awesome setting. Hike up Mount Zalagh for all the views. Or hunt down a hammam for a body shine and polish. It's a tough life. Tonight, tuck into a camel burger (or chicken couscous if that's not your jam) at Café Clock.
Day 9 - Fes to Asilah
Today: say as-salaam alaykum to the whitewashed wonder that is the seaside town of Asilah. This place oozes Greek island vibes and we’ll have plenty of time to check out the Old Town, colourful street art and 15th-century ramparts during our free time this afternoon. Then? Head to the port for fresh seaside vibes and sunset over the Atlantic. This is livin’.
Day 10 - Asilah to Seville, Spain
Didn’t quite meet your quota of authentic Spanish churros? Never fear, Seville is up next! Fact: according to legend, the city was founded 3,000 years ago by Hercules. And we’ve got a bit of a Herculean drive day today – so pass round the AUX cord, catch up on some zzz’s and text your ‘rents from the ferry back to Spain. You’re gonna be too busy later. Tonight, head to Santa Cruz and get lost amongst the maze of cobbled streets, buzzing tapas bars and romantic buildings. You might recognise a few from GOT and Star Wars.
Day 11 - Seville
Time to see what all the fuss is about – this morning’s all about Seville’s A-listers and hidden gems. And what better way to delve deeper than with our expert Trip Leader? Thank us later. Tick off the likes of Plaza de Toros, Torre del Oro, the University and Plaza de España on a walking tour – then the rest is 100% up to you. Need some suggestions? Visit the Real Alcázar. This palace is the most stunning example of Mudéjar architecture found on the Iberian Peninsula. Explore the old gypsy quarter of Triana. Go boating along the Guadalquivir river. Check out the massive Gothic Cathedral. Then: tuck into an included dinner with the gang before meeting your date tonight – an optional hot and spicy flamenco show. Ay, caramba!
Day 12 - Seville to Lisbon, Portugal
Flirt with Spain's girl next door and discover why Lisbon is basically the San Francisco of Europe. History. Culture. Food. And some seriously booty-burning hills. Spend a month here, and you wouldn’t have seen it all – but we’re sure as hell gonna try! Strap in for a combo walking-driving tour of this electric city. Head to Belém and tick off the likes of Jerónimos Monastery, Padrão dos Descobrimentos monument and the World Heritage-listed Belém Tower. Then: it’s past the Monumento aos Restauradores through Praça Dom Pedro IV and across Praça do Comércio to tonight’s final dinner together. We’re gonna give this trip the send-off it deserves!
Day 13 - Lisbon
And just like that, it’s over. Get down to breakfast and swap those socials – next year’s reunion trip isn’t going to plan itself. Where to next?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..