Southern Ocean to Top End by Private Jet
From 01-Jan-2021 to 31-Dec-2021
Travel aboard a private jet, escorted by an APT Tour Director.
Stay six nights in luxury accommodation including Sails in the Desert at Uluru.
Locally inspired dining – a total of 13 meals (6 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches and 5 Dinners).
Enjoy scenic flying with aerial views of the Great Ocean Road, Southern Ocean, Wilpena Pound, Lake Eyre, Uluru, Katherine Gorge and Kakadu National Park.
Learn about the protection of native animals at the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park.
Discover the magnificence of Wilpena Pound in the Flinders Ranges from both the ground and the air.
Stay at Sails in the Desert, in the shadow of Uluru, and see the incredible Field of Light Show.
Experience the splendour of Uluru at both sunset and sunrise and see Kata Tjuta (The Olgas).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Melbourne to Kangaroo Island Board your private plane this morning for your flight to Kangaroo Island, tracking along the Great Ocean Road and the Southern Ocean. Upon arrival discover this island paradise, home to an incredible array of native wildlife and pristine beaches. Learn about conservation efforts at the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park and visit the Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery. Later enjoy a scenic tour of the island, including a visit to Seal Bay where a boardwalk leads you into the heart of an Australian sea lion colony.
Day 2 - Kangaroo Island to Port Augusta & Wilpena Pound After a leisurely breakfast you’ll farewell Kangaroo Island, boarding your private plane and flying along the Spencer Gulf to the tuna-fishing town of Port Augusta. Here set off on a guided tour including a visit to the Wadlata Outback Centre to discover more about the history and ecology of this region. This afternoon, journey by road to the Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park, travelling through classic Outback landscapes. Arrive into the scenic wonder of Wilpena Pound, a natural rock amphitheatre cradled within two mountain ranges.
Day 3 - Wilpena Pound This morning, set out on a walk to explore the incredible natural surrounds of Wilpena Pound. Look out for native wildlife as you wander among red river gums and native pines that grow throughout this spectacular 800 million-year-old landscape. At the geological site of Brachina Gorge, keep an eye out for the endangered yellow-footed rock wallaby as you traverse this quartzite-ridged gorge, which was once used as a thoroughfare for bullock teams to pull their loads. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure, perhaps taking off on an optional scenic flight to see the region from the air.
Day 4 - Wilpena Pound to Uluru Today you’ll journey back to Port Augusta to re-board your private plane. Today’s flight to Uluru will be via the ‘scenic route’ with bird’s-eye views of Wilpena Pound, the Marree Man, Lake Eyre, and of course around Uluru itself. Your high-winged aircraft and amenable Captain will ensure everyone on board gets to enjoy the spectacular sights. After landing transfer to your luxury resort hotel, and this evening enjoy the incredible sight of the iconic landscape at sunset.
Day 5 - Ayers Rock At sunrise, experience the early morning glow of the Field of Light art installation. Later on, venture deeper into Kata Tjuta National Park, seeing Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and also visiting the Cultural Centre with time to wander through the exhibitions on show to learn more about Anangu culture and the park’s natural environment. This evening there is an option to indulge in a Sounds of Silence dinner under the stars.
Day 6 - Ayers Rock to Alice Springs Perhaps rise early again to see another stunning sunrise over Uluru. After breakfast, you’ll board the private plane for your flight to Alice Springs, with stunning aerial vistas of Kings Canyon and the surrounding Watarrka National Park. Arrive into ‘The Alice’ where you’ll set off on a guided tour that will include visits to Simpsons Gap and the Royal Flying Doctor Base. This evening enjoy a special Outback Bush BBQ dinner and show.
Day 7 - Alice Springs, Katherine to Darwin This morning enjoy a special breakfast experience at the Alice Springs Desert Park, surrounded by the majestic Red Centre landscapes. Afterwards, board your private plane for your flight to Katherine, which will include an aerial observation of Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge). Then set off on a brief town tour before boarding a boat to cruise through Nitmiluk and marvel at the network of gorges carved from centuries-old sandstone.
Reboard the aircraft for the final leg to Darwin, with spectacular aerial views of Kakadu National Park along the way. Your tour ends on arrival in Darwin
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..