Greek Island Hopper - Classic Group, 2021
From 02/05/2021 to 05/10/2021
Included Insight Services.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
Your stay on the islands is locally hosted.
On departures with 10 or more guests, travel between islands is fully escorted.
Transportation on the islands is by air-conditioned coach or luxury minibus.
High-speed ferry transfers from Athens to Mykonos and Santorini.
Ferry schedules and the availability of high-speed ferries may be affected by adverse weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances.
Porterage is not available on ferries.
Complimentary transfers from/to Athens Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Athens An Insight host will meet you at the airport and take you to the hotel, where there is time to settle in and relax.At 19:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Reception, and get to know your fellow travellers over a delightful evening of dinner and wine.(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 - Athens Sightseeing Your Local Expert will show you the incredible sights of Athens including the Acropolis and the Parthenon. The Acropolis of Athens and its monuments are universal symbols of Athens' classical spirit and civilization. They form the greatest architectural and artistic complex bequeathed by Greek Antiquity to the world. In the afternoon, enjoy time at leisure.(Breakfast)
Day 3 - Depart for Santorini Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before transferring to the port for the ferry to Santorini. Famed for the scattered white Cycladic houses that rest upon its cliffs, Santorini is a dreamy getaway. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel and take time to relax. Why not take a dip in its pool? In the evening join your fellow travellers for a cooling cocktail as you watch the famous spectacular caldera as the sun sets over the Aegean Sea.(Breakfast)
Day 4 - Santorini Today you'll delve into the geological history of Santorini. In the morning a local geology expert will divulge secrets about this volcanic island and the caldera, revealing the details of its formation. The rest of the day is yours at leisure. Why not head for a swim at Ammoudi Bay, to the Santorini Wine Museum or ask your Travel Director for some restaurant recommendations?(Breakfast)
Day 5 - Santorini With a day at leisure, why not take the opportunity to visit the site of Akrotiri; an ancient city covered by the volcano ash and uncovered in 1967. If shopping is your thing, spend your time walking the white walled alleyways browsing the many shops and taking in the breath-taking views of the caldera.(Breakfast)
Day 6 - Mykonos Sightseeing After your breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the port for the ferry sailing to Mykonos. Upon arrival you'll be transferred to your hotel. Explore the town of Mykonos with a Local Expert and discover the maze of pretty alleyways of stunning Cycladic houses that make up the island. Later, make a welcoming stop to taste a selection of local delicacies and learn the secrets of Mykonian Cuisine.(Breakfast)
Day 7 - Mykonos at Leisure Today you'll have free time to explore as you wish with many exciting adventures to choose from. Why not take a transfer to the picturesque Mykonos town and explore the beautiful port area including the famous windmills, the Matoyinnia Alleys and of course little Venice? Or perhaps visit Delos, a small island off the coast. The island is an archaeological site that houses iconic ruins, including Doric temples, markets, an amphitheatre and mosaics. The mythological birthplace of Apollo, it is one of the most unique sights worldwide, with ongoing excavations and a beautiful small museum.(Breakfast)
Day 8 - Mykonos Meet a Greek captain on a wonderful cruise to the stunning, world-famous south coast beaches of Mykonos, where you can sit back and relax as you enjoy the weather and coastal views.(Breakfast)
Day 9 - Depart Mykonos After breakfast at your hotel you will be transferred to the port of Mykonos to board the ship to Piraeus in Athens. Once here you will be met at the port and transferred to your Athens hotel. There is time in the afternoon for you to do some last-minute sightseeing, souvenir shopping or just relax at your hotel. Enjoy your last night with your fellow travellers at a Celebration dinner to toast your experiences.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 10 - Depart Athens Bid farewell to Athens. Your journey ends with a transfer to the airport.(Breakfast) Top Rated Highlights Mykonos: Explore Mykonos Town with a Local Expert and wander the beautiful blue and white streets. Athens: Soak in the last views of paradise as you ride the ferry back to Athens.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..