Wonders of Turkey - Classic Group, 2021
From 13/05/2021 to 24/10/2021
Istanbul: Enjoy getting to know your fellow travellers as you savour a delicious Welcome Dinner in a local restaurant.
Pamukkale: Head to a local organic farm where you will be treated to a Farm-to-Table lunch, made with the fresh local produce.
Cappadocia: Discover the flavours of Cappadocia as you indulge in a regional dinner of colourful dishes, before watching a spectacular Sema performance of Whirling Dervishes at a 13th century Seljuk Caravanserai.
Istanbul: Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner at a popular local restaurant.
Dining Summary: 10 Breakfast (B), 7 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)Cappadocia: Join a Cappadocian local, who has lived in the city for decades and take a tour of their cave house, where you'll learn more about their unique way of life.
Scenic Drives: Enjoy the passing scenery as you travel past the Sea of Marmara, Peninusula of Gelibolu, Maeander River Valley and Urgup.
Gallipoli: Pay your respects at Anzac Cove and Lone Pine Cemetery.
Troy: Visit this ancient sight fabled to have been destroyed over love and view the huge reconstructed Trojan Horse.
Izmir: Explore this city with your Travel Director.
Selcuk: Visit the Archaeological museum housing many of the artefacts from Ephesus.
Ephesus: Discover one of the world's finest ancient sites.
Led by your Local Expert, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
Pamukkale: See the cascading Cotton Castle of milky white travertine pools and the ancient ruin of Hierapolis.
Konya: Accompanied by your Local Expert, visit the beautiful Mevlana Tekke museum for an insight into the mystic Whirling Dervishes.
See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret.
Anatolia: Visit a well preserved Seljuk Caravanserai.
Goreme : With your Local Expert, explore the underground cities, rock-cut churches, fairy-tale chimneys and the Pasabag Valley.
Ozkonak : Visit the narrow passages and interconnecting rooms of this Stone Age underground city dug out from the hills and built to block invaders and defend against attacks.
Avanos: Learn about pottery making.
Ankara: Discover the mysterious Hittite civilisation and visit the mausoleum of Atatürk.
Istanbul: With a Local Expert visit the Blue Mosque and St.
Sophia museum and gain an insight into the lives of the Ottoman sultans at the fabulous Topkapi Palace.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseasEnjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroomAlternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasionOn departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentaryWe carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel doorHotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currencyWe also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotelsStay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destinationComplimentary transfers from/to Istanbul Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 4 - Ancient Ephesus and Kusadasi Start your morning with a trip to the nearby town of Selçuk. Home to the House of the Virgin Mary and the Temple of Artemis, you’ll begin with an educational visit to the Archaeological Museum. Once here, delve into the area’s history as you explore the museum’s exhibits, many of which have been retrieved from the nearby Ephesus excavation site. Later, explore the famous site itself. Walk through the colonnaded Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and the huge Amphitheatre, before visiting the House of the Virgin Mary, a famous Catholic and Muslim shrine, situated above the Ephesus ruins.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans