Treasures of Turkey - Classic Group, 2021
From 30/05/2021 to 17/10/2021
Istanbul: Enjoy getting to know your fellow travellers as you savour a delicious Welcome Dinner in a local restaurant.
Cappadocia: Discover the flavours of Cappadocia as you indulge in a regional dinner of colourful dishes, before watching a spectacular Sema performance of Whirling Dervishes at a 13th century Seljuk Caravanserai.
Istanbul: Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner at a popular local restaurant.
Dining Summary: 14 Breakfast (B), 9 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)Cappadocia: Join a Cappadocian local, who has lived in the city for decades and take a tour of their cave house, where you'll learn more about their unique way of life.
Uchisar: Enjoy the unique flavours of Anatolia at Uchisar Kadineli Restaurant, where every dish is homemade with love.
This remarkable establishment provides employment for more than 65 women from the village.
Uchisar Kadineli Restaurant advances SDG 5: Gender Equality.
The restaurant is own by women and focuses on empowering women through employment.
Some employed as administrators, some as teachers, some as cooks and some as waiters.
Here they are taught how to sow clothes by using modern technology, how to knit, how to cook, how to make various kinds of artifacts, and how to merchandise their products and convert it to money for their families.
Bursa: On your orientation with your Travel Director visit the town’s mosques, bazaars and famous Silk Market.
Cumalikizik: Visit the over 700 year-old village to get glimpse into .
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseasEnjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroomAlternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasionOn departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentaryWe carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel doorHotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currencyWe also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotelsStay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destinationComplimentary transfers from/to Istanbul Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 10 - Izmir Start your morning with a trip to the Temple of Aphrodite, dedicated to the goddess of love, beauty and fertility, in Geyre. Based in the ruins of the ancient city of Aphrodisias, it was the focal point of the city in its heyday. You’ll see the towering, fourteen columns of the temple that have been re-erected. End your day in the quaint Aegan port of Izmir.(Breakfast)
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans