Israel Discovery - Classic Group, Winter 2021 2022
From 06/10/2021 to 14/04/2022
Golan Heights: Visit a family-run winery and regale in a tasting of the local produce.
Tel Aviv: Enjoy a Welcome Drink and mingle with your fellow travel companions to begin your journey.
Tel Aviv: Savor a falafel lunch at the local market.
Tiberias: Participate in a Friday night Shabbat dinner.
Jerusalem: Toast the culmination of your travels with a lively Celebration Dinner.
Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner (D), 2 Dinner with Wine (DW)Galilee: Choose between a relaxing cruise on Lake Kinneret or alternatively, meet one of the archaeologists who found the Ancient Galilee Boat and hear the story of its excavation.
Tel Aviv: Explore with your Local Expert and see the Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and browse around the Carmel Market.
Jaffa: Visit the ancient port and artists' quarter and see the famous clock tower and old harbour.
Caesarea: With your Local Expert, explore the Roman and Crusader ruins of Caesarea, formerly one of the splendid cities in Palestine.
Nazareth: Visit the Church of the Annunciation built on the site where the angel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary.
Capernaum: Visit the Synagogue where Jesus taught and the Mount of Beatitudes, where he preached the Sermon on the MountDead Sea: Alongside your Local Expert, ascend to the ancient fortress of Masada by cable car where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod's armies, before sacrificing themselves.
Jerusalem: At the Israel Museum, wander to the Shrine of the Book wing housing the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director and certified Egyptologist will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseasEnjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned coach with onboard washroomAlternate vehicles without onboard washroom may be used on occasionWe carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel doorHotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currencyWe also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotelsFrom time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination7 night Nile cruise aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, on either MS Medea, MS Miriam, MS Giselle, MS La Boheme or similarPlease note that gratuities are not included for the Travel Director, Nile Cruise staff, Drivers and Airport EscortsIncluded economy class flights between Cairo/Luxor and Luxor/Cairo with transfers between airports and hotelsComplimentary transfers from/to Cairo Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 2 - Exploring Vibrant Tel Aviv Morning sightseeing showcases the highlights of this vibrant city including the Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and Carmel Market. Venture along the seashore to the ancient city of Jaffa to see the famous clock tower and the old harbour. Visit the artists' quarter with its galleries, boutiques and picturesque narrow lanes. Walk along the seaside promenade at sunset for spectacular views, as local musicians and street artists take to the stage.(Breakfast)
Day Day 6 - Masada and the Holy City of Jerusalem Take a cable car ride up to the fortress of Masada, where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod's armies. Travel through the Judean Hills to Mount Scopus for breathtaking views of Jerusalem. Visit King David's Tomb on Mount Zion, and the Room of the Last Supper. Enter the Old City and follow the winding cobbled alleyways to the magnificent Wailing Wall, the most sacred monument in Judaism.(Breakfast)
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 09 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans