From 17/07/2021 to 17/10/2021
4 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
TGV Express train between Avignon and Paris.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Bonjour France Discover romance, sophistication and French joie de vivre in Paris - the launch pad to a memorable journey through the French countryside. Explore the grand boulevards and winding lanes of the 'City of Lights', before meeting your Travel Director and companions for a Welcome Reception. We take to the streets this evening to see some of the city's most iconic sights, including the Champs ?lys?es and Arc de Triomphe, standing in all its glorious splendour for you to admire.
Day 2 - Discover the Delights of Paris Join a Local Specialist to explore the Latin Quarter, a vibrant student hotspot and home to the Sorbonne University. Visit the remarkable church of Saint-Sulpice, then soak up the authentic atmosphere and local day-to-day life of the Parisians as you stroll through historic neighbourhoods. Spend your evening embracing the pageantry of Paris and perhaps experience a traditional Parisian Cabaret.
Day 3 - Journey through Burgundy to Lyon Travel through the picture-perfect Burgundy wine region and stop in its walled regional capital, Beaune - most famous for the colourful geometric-tiled H?tel-Dieu. We continue to the gastronomic capital of Lyon, where we spend the night. Discover the historic treasures of its well-preserved Old Town or perhaps indulge in delicious Beaujolais flavours in a local bouchon - the choice is yours.
Day 4 - Continue to Monaco and the French Riviera Follow the Rh?ne Valley south, enjoying some free time in Aix-en-Provence for a delicious lunch and the sweet flavours of Calissons, then stop in the glamorous Principality of Monaco bound for the sun-kissed shores of the French Riviera. View the Palace, which has been the home of the Grimaldis since the 13th century, and the cathedral where Princess Grace and Prince Rainier were married. This evening, we enjoy a delicious Regional Dinner together in Monaco before arriving at our hotel, where we'll spend the next two nights.
Day 5 - The French Riviera Your Way The sun-kissed shores of the French Riviera are yours to explore today. Consider relaxing on the beach with your fellow sun-worshippers or an Optional Experience could see you visit the hilltop town of Saint-Paul-de-Vence, a popular haunt for actors seeking a relaxing retreat. In your free time, you have the opportunity to soak up the fresh sea air and perhaps indulge in a delicious Salade Ni?oise.
Day 6 - On to Sunny St. Tropez and Avignon We arrive by boat in glitzy St. Tropez for a leisurely morning sojourn to soak up our fashionable surrounds. Continue on to the ancient city of Avignon, once the seat of the Papacy, where we will spend the next two nights. Our orientation of this extraordinary historic city includes views of the imposing Palace of the Popes and the famous ruined bridge straddling the Rh?ne, which inspired the famous French song, Sur le Pont d'Avignon.
Day 7 - Explore Ancient History in Pont du Gard and Arles We visit the impressive Pont du Gard aqueduct before continuing to Arles, to admire the Romanesque Cathedral and Roman amphitheatre, once the site of bloody battles and exhilarating chariot races. Tread in the footsteps of Vincent van Gogh with your Local Specialist, exploring the heritage of a city that was once an important Phoenician trading port. Tonight, we enjoy delicious Proven?al flavours as we Connect With Locals and join the widow of Pierre Salinger for dinner at a memorable Be My Guest experience in a converted historic mill on the banks of the Sorgue.
Day 8 - Travel By High-Speed Train to Paris The picture-perfect French countryside is our constant companion as we take the high-speed TGV train through the heart of France, past Auxerre and the sprawling vineyards of Burgundy, back to Paris where you have the rest of the afternoon to explore the city on your own terms. This evening we celebrate an unforgettable sojourn through France at a Farewell Dinner with our Travel Director and newfound friends.
Day 9 - Au Revoir Paris This morning after breakfast, it's time to bid Paris a fond au revoir as our fascinating journey through France comes to an end. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Paris and Arles with a Local Specialist Discover Beaune, Lyon, Aix-en-Provence, Monaco and Avignon Visit Saint-Sulpice Church in Paris and Pont du Gard View the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Place Bellecour and the Basilica of Notre Dame in Lyon, the Royal Palace and Cathedral in Monaco and the Palace of the Popes in Avignon Scenic Cruise to St. Tropez Scenic Train Ride from Avignon to Paris Connect with Locals Delicious Proven?al home cooking is the perfect accompaniment to a fascinating Be My Guest dinner enjoyed on the banks of the Sorgue with Poppy Salinger, who will regale you with stories of her famous husband. (Day 7)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans