Castles and Manors
From 02/10/2021 to 09/10/2021
Explore Dublin, Killarney National Park and Cashel with a Local SpecialistDiscover Killarney and GalwayVisit Kylemore Abbey, Connemara Marble Factory, Cliffs of Moher, Rock of Cashel and the Irish National StudView Torc WaterfallSee Dublin's Georgian Squares and Galway CathedralScenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry and through ConnemaraConnect with Locals Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest High Tea hosted in the Drawing Room of a stately 16th-century home near the charming town of Westport.
(Day 3)Dive into Culture Visit a Connemara marble factory to see how this stone is crafted into jewellery and figurines.
(Day 5) Admire Ireland's finest thoroughbreds at the Irish National Stud.
(Day 7)Stays with Stories Overnight on the shores of Lough Corrib in the elegant country quarters of the Lodge at Ashford Castle.
(Day 2) Abbeyglen Castle, built in 1832 by John d'Arcy of Clifden Castle, Abbeyglen Castle Hotel is located along the famous Sky Road, overlooking the pretty village of Clifden.
(Day 3) Built over 160 years ago, the Great Southern hotel's prime central location next to the train station and marvellous Victorian features have ensured enduring popularity.
7 breakfasts1 lunch (Be My Guest)4 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Ferry across the Shannon estuaryCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Set your watch to the lively pace of Ireland's capital city - the springboard for your in-depth journey through the lush landscapes and enduring allure of Ireland. Our exploration of Dublin with a Local Specialist will see us view St. Patrick's Cathedral and the colourful Georgian Squares. Spend some time at leisure exploring Dublin's pretty streets before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception celebrating traditional Irish flavours.
Day 2 - Our first stop today is Europe's 'Capital of Culture', where you will have an opportunity to see Galway Cathedral and stroll through Eyre Square. We overnight at one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories on the shores of Lough Corrib. Feel like lords and ladies as you relax in the elegant country quarters of the Lodge at Ashford Castle, celebrating the heritage and hospitality of Ireland.
Day 3 - Leaving the elegant estate of Ashford Castle behind, our journey takes us to Westport House where we'll Connect With Locals and indulge in a memorable Be My Guest experience with tales of the Pirate Queen, and enjoy Banoffee and Baileys flavours in the Drawing Room of this stately 18th-century home. Our home for the next two nights is one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories - the spectacular Abbeyglen Castle.
Day 4 - Drive through the 'savage beauty' of Connemara, as described by Oscar Wilde who was inspired by the region's craggy mountains, shimmering lakes and endless shades of green. We visit Kylemore Abbey, a magnificent castellated structure built as a family home and now inhabited by a group of Benedictine nuns. Venture into the secret nooks and crannies of its extensive walled Victorian garden before returning to your castle accommodation for a delicious dinner.
Day 5 - This morning visit the Connemara marble artisan workshop where you'll Dive Into Culture and witness first-hand how this famous green jade-like marble is carved. Later we stop at a charming sea port village of Kinvara before visiting the plunging Cliffs of Moher that rise imposingly from the Atlantic, over 200 metres above the waters below. Then head to Killarney, one of Ireland's most beautiful heritage spots. Our home tonight is one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories - Great Southern, a Victorian-styled hotel built over 160 years ago.
Day 6 - Enjoy a slow start to your morning, joining a Local Specialist for a leisurely guided walk at Torc Waterfall, strolling over wooded paths and lakeshore trails. We embark on an epic drive next, exploring the enduring beauty of the Ring of Kerry whose enchanting coastal landscapes have inspired writers and poets for centuries.
Day 7 - Discover the legacy of St. Patrick when you visit the imposing Rock of Cashel, once the traditional seat of the kings of Munster. View its ecclesiastical ruins with a Local Specialist then traverse scenic landscapes to Kildare. Here you'll Dive Into Culture and learn about Ireland's thoroughbred industry at the Irish National Stud. You'll have a rare opportunity to see the foaling unit, museum and of course the magnificent stallions that continue to make racing history. Later today, return to the Irish capital where you'll inject a bit of the craic into your Farewell Dinner with new friends.
Day 8 - We say a fond farewell to our newfound friends and Dublin today. You will be transferred to the airport, where your journey through the 'Emerald Isle' comes to an end. Transfers are available. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 September 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans