From 09/07/2021 to 21/10/2021
VIP Admission to the Vatican MuseumsExplore Rome and Florence with a Local SpecialistDiscover Venice, Verona and PisaVisit St.
Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum in Rome and a glassblowing factory in VeniceView the ancient sites of Rome, the Byzantine St.
Mark's Basilica, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Santa Croce Basilica and the Duomo in FlorenceScenic Cruise by private launch to St.
Mark's Square in VeniceConnect with Locals Eight generations of history with plenty of stories to tell.
Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest dinner with the Landi family at their home near Florence, set within a garden of oak trees against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves.
(Day 5)Dive into Culture Gain early access to the Vatican Museums to marvel at the magnificent work of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
(Day 2) Witness the exquisite craft of glassblowing, a delicate tradition that generations of Venetian craftsmen have perfected over the centuries.
6 breakfasts4 dinners (including Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Indulge all your senses in the imperial city of Rome, your introduction to a memorable encounter with Italy which will have you returning for more. Spend your afternoon relaxing after your journey, or explore the ancient city streets before joining your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception. This evening, we take an orientation drive past Rome's most magnificent sights which we will have an opportunity to explore tomorrow.
Day 2 - Our encounter with Rome begins in the Holy See as we Dive Into Culture and visit the Vatican Museums in the company of a Local Specialist to admire the masterpieces that have been collected by Popes throughout the centuries. Gaining priority early admission, we admire the magnificent frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel when it is less crowded and visit St. Peter's Basilica, the greatest church in Christendom, to see Michelangelo's sorrowful Piet?. Crossing the Tiber, we venture into Ancient Rome to visit the imposing Colosseum and view Circus Maximus, once the site of tremendous chariot races. Spend a leisurely afternoon exploring Rome. Admire the Spanish Steps or toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain to secure your speedy return.
Day 3 - This morning, we venture north through the valley of the Tiber into the green and golden landscapes of Umbria. We pass the hilltop towns of Orte and Orvieto, travelling through Tuscany's terraced olive groves and the Apennine Mountains bound for Venice, the 'Queen of the Adriatic'.
Day 4 - We cruise by private launch to the city's most prominent sights, including views of the Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica and the ornate Doge's Palace. Dive Into Culture witnessing first-hand the intricate craft of glassblowing. Soak up the pageantry and elegance of Venice before continuing to Verona, home of Shakespeare's ill-fated lovers Romeo and Juliet, where we'll spend the night.
Day 5 - Pisa's UNESCO-listed Square of Miracles is our first stop today where we will have the opportunity to view the Leaning Tower before arriving in Florence. Explore the birthplace of the Renaissance and home to the Medici dynasty, whose penchant for beautiful art and architecture created one of the cultural centres of the world. Tonight we Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience set against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves.
Day 6 - We join a Local Specialist today to delve into the rich medieval and Renaissance history of Florence. Our sightseeing tour will take us to the Piazza della Signoria with its impressive sculptures and imposing palazzi. Wandering through the narrow streets, we encounter the multi-coloured marble Duomo and famous Baptistery. We'll learn about the quality and workmanship of one of this city's historic industries at a demonstration of Florentine leathercraft. Next, we'll view the almost 700-year-old Ponte Vecchio, a spectacular feat of engineering dating from the Middle Ages and today lined with jewellers. Our journey continues through Umbria to the valley of the Tiber River and back to Rome. Toast to a memorable holiday with newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner.
Day 7 - After breakfast, it's time to say a fond arrivederci to Rome, Italy and your travel companions as you return home with wonderful memories of this magnificent destination. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 15 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans