Treasures of Ireland End Dublin
From 26/09/2021 to 01/10/2021
2 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Dublin Put a little Irish spring in your step and stroll through the lyrical capital of Dublin - your springboard to an unforgettable jaunt through the treasures of Ireland. Join a Local Specialist this afternoon to explore the city's iconic sights. Walk the cobbled courtyard of Trinity College and enjoy priority access to see the Book of Kells. Then, enjoy a Welcome Reception to get to know your fellow travellers.
Day 2 - Journey to Waterford and Cork Departing Dublin this morning, we journey to the peaceful monastic ruins at Glendalough which survived repeated Viking attacks over the centuries. We'll Dive Into Culture, watching the master craftsmen of the House of Waterford Crystal as they create delicate works of art. Our final stop today is the 'rebel' city of Cork, where we'll have a free evening to enjoy a little Irish craic and soak up the lively atmosphere of this university city. Our Stays With Stories accommodation is the historic Maldron Shandon Hotel. Originally Cork's first general hospital opened in 1720, the building has a colourful history that has seen it survive wars, political upheaval, fire and demolition threats before it opened its doors as a grand hotel.
Day 3 - See the Sights of Blarney and Killarney Stop in Cobh, the charming seaside town that was the final port of call for the tragic Titanic on its fateful voyage. Join your Local Specialist for a walking tour to re-live the timeline of the Titanic, then embark on a scenic drive to Blarney Castle, kissing its famous stone to acquire the 'gift of the gab'. Continue to Killarney where you'll spend the next two nights.
Day 4 - A day on the Ring of Kerry Stop and admire Torc Waterfall during your leisurely guided walk with a Local Specialist along wooden paths and lakeshore trails. The rest of our day is spent admiring the enduring beauty along Ireland's most scenic coastal drive around the Ring of Kerry. Later, join your companions for a Be My Guest dinner at Muckross Traditional Farms, where you'll 'Connect With Locals', stepping back in time to learn about traditional Irish farm life against the scenic backdrop of the lakes of Killarney.
Day 5 - Admire the Cliffs of Moher and on to Limerick Delve into the era of the first transatlantic flights during a visit to the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes. At one time, it was the refuelling point for Pan Am's Flying Boat, the Yankee Clipper. Dive Into Culture as you board a replica Boeing 314 to experience life as a passenger. Learn how Irish Coffee was invented to treat weary passengers whose New York flights were delayed due to bad weather before enjoying your very own cup of 'Foynes Original'. This afternoon, we travel to the spectacular Cliffs of Moher which rise over 200 metres above the pounding Atlantic waves, before continuing to our hotel in Limerick.
Day 6 - End Dublin Our epic journey through the highlights of Ireland has come to an end. For now it's time to wish your fellow travellers sl?n abhaile as our memorable holiday comes to an end. Drop-off in Dublin will be at the airport and Trafalgar Dublin Hotel between 1pm and 2pm, depending on traffic. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Dublin, Titanic Story in Cobh and Killarney National Park with a Local Specialist Discover Waterford, Cork and Killarney Visit Trinity College, Glendalough, Waterford Crystal, Blarney Castle, Torc Waterfall, Foynes Flying Boat Museum and the Cliffs of Moher View St. Kevin's Cross in Glendalough and St. John's Castle in Limerick See Dublin's Georgian Squares Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry Connect with Locals It's 1930s Ireland revisited. Visit the working farms of Muckross taking you back to a time of traditional farming. Learn how to churn butter and dine in the Quilles Farmhouse against the scenic backdrop of the lakes of Killarney. (Day 4) Dive into Culture Learn how delicate Irish crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour. (Day 2) Visit Foynes Flying Boat Museum, the only dedicated flying boat museum in the world, to gain insight into the rich history of aviation. (Day 5) Stays with Stories Discover centuries of tumultuous history staying at the Maldron Shandon hotel, a building that has survived wars, fires and threats of demolition to become the grand hotel it is today. (Day 2)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans