Britain and Ireland Highlights
From 23/10/2021 to 30/10/2021
3 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
Use of Trafalgar's London Reception Centre offering a range of services including tickets for day trips and local attractions.
Ferry across the Irish Sea from Scotland to Northern Ireland.
Ferry across the Irish Sea from Ireland to South Wales.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Stratford-upon-Avon, York and on to Harrogate Delve into centuries of history today - tales of star-crossed lovers, tragic kings and Roman emperors are brought to life as we arrive in Stratford-upon-Avon and follow in the footsteps of Shakespeare. Visit his Birthplace and the Visitor Centre, before embarking on a scenic drive north to the Viking city of York, where we'll enjoy an orientation walk around its historic streets. View the cobbled Shambles, see the ancient city walls and the magnificent York Minster. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Reception in our hotel in the Victorian spa town of Harrogate, our home for tonight.
Day 2 - Through the Scenic Lake District to Glasgow We journey through the Yorkshire Dales National Park to the beautiful Lake District, which has inspired poets and writers for centuries. A highlight on our journey is England's pretty Lake Windermere, which we'll pass as we continue through countryside made famous by the poet William Wordsworth. We'll cross the border to the runaway wedding capital of Gretna Green. Here eloping couples would tie the knot over the Marriage Anvil. We drive through the Southern Uplands to vibrant Glasgow. Tonight, consider joining an Optional Experience to Braveheart Country for a fabulous dinner and Scottish entertainment.
Day 3 - Explore Enchanting Edinburgh From the cultural capital of Glasgow to enchanting Edinburgh, with its exquisite medieval fa?ades, our encounter with Scotland will see us join a Local Specialist for a memorable sightseeing tour. We'll visit Edinburgh Castle, perched atop Castle Rock overlooking the city, and see the Royal Mile, the elegant Palace of Holyroodhouse and the new Scottish Parliament. Admire the elegant Georgian architecture in the New Town and amble through the secret lanes of 'Auld Reekie' before returning to Glasgow this evening. Enjoy views of Glasgow Cathedral and George Square before a delicious meal at a local restaurant.
Day 4 - Cross the Irish Sea to Belfast and Dublin Follow the rugged Ayrshire coast, past the island of Ailsa Craig, the stepping stone from Ireland to Scotland. Board the ferry to Northern Ireland, then join a Local Specialist to explore the crossroads of British and Irish culture in Belfast. We'll view City Hall and the dock where the Titanic was built. This evening, we arrive in the vibrant capital of Ireland where we'll spend the next two nights.
Day 5 - Discover Diverse Dublin Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the centuries-old tradition of Guinness brewing and enjoy a Storehouse tour and tasting technique demonstration. Drive through the pretty streets of Dublin with a Local Specialist to admire the stately Georgian Squares, Trinity College and St. Patrick's Cathedral, the tallest church in Ireland, before spending the rest of the day exploring the sights alone. Ramble through Temple Bar or Grafton Street, famous for its colourful street performers. This evening, consider joining an Optional Experience to a rousing Irish cabaret performance.
Day 6 - Journey to Kilkenny and on to Waterford We Dive Into Culture this morning and gain insights into rearing world-class thoroughbreds at the Irish National Stud established in 1946. Enjoy a guided walk through the farm and take some time to stroll through its tranquil Japanese Gardens, regarded as the best in Europe. Admire the imposing medieval castle at Kilkenny before some free time for lunch. Our next stop sees us Dive Into Culture yet again to witness the delicate craft of Waterford Crystal. We'll watch master craftsmen at work during a tour of the workshop and see the exquisitely crafted pieces in the showroom.
Day 7 - Ferry Across to Cultural Cardiff An early start to the day sees us cross the Irish Sea to Wales by ferry and continue our journey to the Welsh capital of Cardiff to view the Millennium Centre, National Assembly and historic Cardiff Castle, at the heart of the city. This evening, we Connect With Locals in the idyllic Welsh countryside, joining a local family for a Farewell Dinner Be My Guest experience.
Day 8 - Soak up Bath and Stonehenge then off to London Traversing the Severn Estuary into England, we arrive in the glorious UNESCO listed Bath, with its elegant Georgian fa?ades and world-famous Roman Baths from which the city derives its name. Journey across the scenic landscapes of Wiltshire, paying a visit to the mysterious monolithic stone circle at Stonehenge, then return to London where your memorable holiday in Britain and Ireland comes to an end. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Edinburgh, Belfast and Dublin with a Local Specialist Discover York, Glasgow, Cardiff and Bath Visit Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, Gretna Green, Edinburgh Castle, Guinness Storehouse, the Irish National Stud and Japanese Garden, the Waterford Crystal Showroom, the Roman Baths in Bath and the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge View York Minster, Glasgow Cathedral and George Square, City Hall in Belfast, Kilkenny Castle and Gardens See the Principality Stadium in Cardiff Connect with Locals Enjoy a hearty Be My Guest Welsh dinner with a farming family and their animals in the beautiful award-winning vineyards of Wales. (Day 7) Dive into Culture Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world's most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness. (Day 5) Admire Ireland's finest thoroughbreds at the Irish National Stud Farm. (Day 6) Learn how delicate Irish crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour. (Day 6)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans