From 07/08/2021 to 22/10/2021
2 Three-course dinners.
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Ferry from the Isle of Skye to mainland Scotland.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Glasgow (2 Nights) Madainn mhath! While your Gaelic may be a little rusty, your visit to gritty Glasgow will be anything but. After checking in, resist the urge to recover from your journey and hit its edgy streets on your own exploration of the sights. Keep a brolly at hand so Glasgow's notoriously unpredictable mochie doesn't put a damp end to your sightseeing. And even if it does, there's a cosy pub on every corner to warm your heart with a little local whisky. You'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers later for a glimpse into what lies ahead, then spend a free evening perhaps with a wee dram or two at a favourite local.
Day 2 - Glasgow Sightseeing and free time Kick-start your day with a lesson in Glasgow's industrial past and modern revival that have given the city its characteristic gallus strut. Your orientation tour of the city will include views of Glasgow Cathedral and George Square where many of Scotland's famous sons are immortalised in stone. Enjoy views of the People's Palace, the Winter Gardens and the River Clyde, which for over 200 years was the centre of shipbuilding.
Day 3 - Glasgow - Glencoe - Scottish Highlands (2 Nights) Channel your inner Highlander next, embarking on a journey north to the banks of Loch Lomond, where a cruise past Rob Roy's cave could be on the cards should you choose to join this Optional Experience. In Fort William, see the Commando Memorial and the peaks of Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Continue through the volcanic ruins and precipitous mountains that lie just beyond Glencoe to see the 'Glen of Weeping'. Take a moment to remember the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred in 1692 fighting relentlessly for their beliefs. Head to the heart of the Highlands and your home for the next two nights, where dinner is served at your hotel.
Day 4 - Culloden - Loch Ness - Isle of Skye Your first stop today is the tragic battlefield of Culloden where you'll pay tribute to the brave men who lost their lives in the Jacobite Uprising. Continue your journey past Scotland's infamous Loch Ness keeping a keen eye out for Nessie. Admire the rugged beauty of Eilean Donan Castle at the heart of three great sea lochs and learn about its role in the 17th and 18th-century Jacobite risings which led to its destruction. Cross 'over the Sea to Skye' and embark on a scenic drive across the Sleat Peninsula against the backdrop of purple tufts of heather and dramatic peaks. Later, return to the mainland by ferry after a day of irresistible views. Tonight, dinner is at your Highland hotel.
Day 5 - Scottish Highlands - Pitlochry - St. Andrews - Edinburgh (2 Nights) Robert Burns once wrote of his beloved hills of the Highlands. Your scenic drive through its mystical landscapes will leave you similarly inspired as you venture to picturesque Pitlochry on the banks of the Tummel. There's time to explore this salmon fishing centre on your own or perhaps join an Optional Experience to Blair Castle, home of the Duke of Atholl and Europe's last remaining private army. The fairways and greens of St. Andrews, the birthplace of golf, beckon and you'll have an opportunity to snap a selfie against the backdrop of the famous 18th green. Continue to Edinburgh - the Scottish capital with a mystical air combining ancient heritage with the verve of a modern city. Tickets are included on departures that coincide with the Edinburgh Tattoo.
Day 6 - Edinburgh sightseeing and free time The Georgian New Town, Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle all wait to be viewed in the company of your Local Specialist, so grab your camera and prepare for a memorable sightseeing tour revealing all the highlights of Auld Reekie. You'll have plenty of time to explore on your own or consider joining an Optional Experience to the Royal Yacht Britannia or an in-depth tour of Edinburgh Castle.
Day 7 - Depart Edinburgh Tuck into a hearty Scottish breakfast with tattie scones and all the trimmings. You'll want one final reminder of your epic encounter with Scotland before preparing to return home. Say a fond bye for noo to new friends, closing the curtain on a memorable journey through Scotland. Find out more about your free airport transfer at costsavertour.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Edinburgh Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes the famous Princes Street, the Royal Mile and views of the new Parliament Building as well as the Castle Fort William See the Commando Memorial and Britain's highest mountain Ben Nevis and enjoy a scenic drive through Glencoe, the infamous 'Glen of Weeping' Glasgow View Glasgow Cathedral and George Square on your orientation tour Loch Lomond See the freshwater lake with the largest surface area in Britain St. Andrews View the 18th green on St. Andrews Old Course
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans