Highlights of Ireland and Scotland
From 17/07/2021 to 19/10/2021
1 lunch (Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Ferry from Northern Ireland to Scotland.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Hello Dublin You're in for a lyrical love affair with Ireland's whimsical capital, your launch pad to an enchanting encounter with the 'Emerald Isle' and Scotland. On arrival, transfer to your hotel then spend the rest of the day exploring the city's effervescence on your own. This evening, you'll join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception on Dublin's 200-year-old Grand Canal. Resist the urge to retire early and head to the Temple Bar to soak up the craic and a pint or two of the 'Black Stuff' in one of the many colourful pubs for which Dublin is justifiably famous.
Day 2 - Journey to Harbourside County Galway Poetry and politics, music and literature - Dublin is famous for all this and more as you'll come to discover when you join a Local Specialist to delve into the city's iconic sights, tumultuous history and even a few hidden gems. Tread in the footsteps of Arthur Guinness, James Joyce and Bono as you pound the cobbled pavements in search of Dublin's many stories. Then, leave the capital behind bound for the harbour city of Galway, known as the 'City of the Tribes'.
Day 3 - Admire Stunning Connemara Connemara's 'savage beauty' takes centre stage today on your full-day excursion through the endless shades of green which once captured the heart of Oscar Wilde. Visit Kylemore Abbey, a magnificent castellated structure built as a family home and now inhabited by a group of Benedictine nuns. Later, we visit the Connemara Marble artisan workshop where you'll Dive Into Culture and witness first-hand how their famous jade-like marble is carved.
Day 4 - Onwards to Poetic Drumcliff and Donegal See firsthand why the rugged beauty of Cong was chosen as the backdrop of John Wayne's award winning 'The Quiet Man'. Travel to Westport on Ireland's west coast for a memorable Be My Guest experience filled with tales of the Pirate Queen and Banoffee and Baileys flavours. You'll Connect With Locals over lunch in the drawing room of Grace O'Malley's stately 16th-century home. Stop in Drumcliff, where acclaimed poet and playwright, W.B. Yeats was laid to rest. Then, continue to Donegal, the gateway to the Wild Atlantic Way.
Day 5 - Venture to Londonderry and Belfast Start your day with a visit to Londonderry where a Local Specialist will take you on a stroll along the ancient walls that surround the Renaissance-style old city. Follow the scenic Causeway Coastal Route through rolling countryside and past rugged cliffs to the Giant's Causeway. Your visit will Make Travel Matter by helping to conserve this iconic landmark. You'll have some free time to tiptoe in the giant geometric steps of Finn McCool and enjoy lunch before continuing to Belfast, your home for the next two nights.
Day 6 - Discover Colourful Belfast Explore Northern Ireland's trendy capital today, starting with a visit to the Titanic Belfast Experience, where you'll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the tragic story of the famous ship that met its end in the Atlantic. Your Local Specialist will join you for a sightseeing tour through the city with views of the Belfast City Hall, Castle and Botanic Gardens. Take the rest of the afternoon to explore at your leisure, perhaps enjoying a pint in Belfast's oldest traditional pub or visit St. George's Market for some shopping.
Day 7 - Cross the Irish Sea to Glasgow Bid Ireland farewell as you board your ferry to Scotland. Follow the rugged Ayrshire coast past Ailsa Craig, then continue to Glasgow, where you'll enjoy an orientation of a city that exudes edginess. Take to the streets on your own exploration and see George Square, Glasgow Cathedral and the Clyde River before finding a cosy pub to warm your heart with a little local whisky and a night on the toon.
Day 8 - Uncover Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands Sensational scenery follows your journey through the Scottish Highlands from Glasgow to Newtonmore. Loch Lomond sets the tone with views over the water to craggy Ben Lomond. Continue to Glencoe where the tragic 17th-century massacre of the MacDonalds turned the wild beauty of this valley into a 'Glen of Weeping'. Then, on to Fort William, the self-proclaimed 'Outdoor Capital of the UK' before arriving in Loch Ness, where you'll keep a keen eye out for the beloved monster that lurks beneath its surface. Tonight, you'll enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 9 - Continue to Elegant Edinburgh It's never too early for a wee dram when you travel the wilds of Scotland. Your day begins with a visit to Pitlochry and the Blair Athol whisky distillery where you'll Dive Into Culture and learn how Scotland's golden goodness is made. Continue to the home of golfing gods, St. Andrews. You'll view its famous 18th hole before continuing to Edinburgh, your home for the next two nights.
Day 10 - Explore Edinburgh Surrender to the charms of Edinburgh, one of the world's most enchanting cities. Your Local Specialist will guide your sightseeing tour through its medieval Old Town to the elegant Georgian fa?ades across the Leith. See the Royal Mile and the Palace of Holyroodhouse before visiting Edinburgh Castle, perched atop Castle Rock. This afternoon, you'll have some free time to explore on your own or get stuck into some last-minute souvenir shopping before joining your travel companions for a rousing Farewell Dinner to toast your memorable journey together.
Day 11 - Journey Home Imbued with Gaelic spirit, your holiday has come to an end. Bid your new friends a fond farewell as you prepare for your return journey home. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Dublin, Londonderry, Belfast and Edinburgh with a Local Specialist Discover Galway and Glasgow Visit Connemara Marble Factory, Kylemore Abbey, Westport, Drumcliff, Donegal, Giant's Causeway, Titanic Experience in Belfast, Loch Lomond, Glencoe, Fort William, Loch Ness, Blair Athol whisky distillery, Pitlochry and Edinburgh Castle View W.B. Yeats's grave at Drumcliff, 18th hole at St. Andrews See Ailsa Craig Connect with Locals Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest lunch hosted in the Drawing Room of a stately 16th-century home near the charming town of Westport. (Day 4) Dive Into Culture Visit a Connemara Marble factory to see how this stone is crafted into jewellery and figurines. (Day 3)Discover the full story of the Titanic at the Titanic Belfast visitor attraction and monument. (Day 6)Visit Blair Atholl whisky distillery for a tour and tasting of their whisky. (Day 9) Make A Difference In Northern Ireland, your visit to the Giant's Causeway helps conserve this iconic natural landmark. (Day 5)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans