German Christmas Markets
From 29/11/2021 to 20/12/2021
Explore Berlin with a Local SpecialistDiscover Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Weimar, Dresden and LeipzigVisit the Christmas Markets of Rothenburg, Nuremberg, Wartburg Castle in Eisenach (Sat/Sun only), Erfurt, Weimar, Dresden, Leipzig and Berlin.
Ascend the Berlin TV TowerView the Opera House and Zwinger Palace in Dresden and the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag Building in BerlinConnect with Locals Join a local family for an exclusive Be My Guest experience and Farewell Dinner in their home.
(Day 7)Dive into Culture Experience the delights of Germany's oldest and most traditional Christmas market - Dresden's Striezelmarkt.
The blaze of lights, the scent of mulled wine and Christmas music make this once-in-a-lifetime visit a pleasure for all the senses.
7 breakfasts4 dinners (including Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHand-picked Trip Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Tame your festive wanderlust with the smells of gl?hwein and stollen on this magical journey that begins in Frankfurt. After checking in this afternoon, join your Travel Director on an orientation tour of the city's dynamic financial centre and medieval R?merplatz. Later, join your fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal.
Day 2 - Stunning Bavarian landscapes line your journey to the medieval walled town of Rothenburg where you'll enjoy an orientation walk with your Travel Director past picture-perfect half-timbered houses and the Old Town Hall. Savour a mouthful or two of Schneeballen or shop for gifts at the Reiterlesmarkt before continuing to Nuremberg with its mighty ramparts and St. Sebald's Church. Our next stop is the famous Christkindlesmarkt where sweet gingerbread hearts hang from the stalls and the famous Zwetschgenm?nnle prune men pose in all their Christmas splendour.
Day 3 - Embrace hundreds of years of festive spirit at the Eisenach Christmas market* held in the UNESCO World Heritage Wartburg Castle. Ramble past sizzling Bratwurst and steaming vats of gl?hwein as you soak up the magical atmosphere. Next on our Christmas wish list is Erfurt's medieval market - its Weinachtspyramiden is the gateway to delicious aromas of schnitzel, gingerbread and egg punch, enjoyed against the backdrop of St. Mary's Cathedral and St. Severus Church. See the market ferris wheel and Merchants' Bridge, the longest inhabited bridge in Europe. Our final stop on our festive foray today is the UNESCO World Heritage town of Weimar, where we dine at our hotel. (*Sat/Sun only)
Day 4 - Enjoy a leisurely morning in Weimar before travelling to Dresden, the 'Florence on the Elbe'. Spend the day admiring the magnificent restoration of a city that was all but destroyed during World War II. Consider indulging in traditional German cuisine this evening at a local restaurant.
Day 5 - Germany's Christmas traditions take centre stage today as we Dive Into Culture and wander through Dresden's Striezelmarkt, Germany's oldest Christmas market. Admire the dazzling display of twinkling lights, handcrafted decorations and Christmas carols. If you're lucky enough to visit on the second weekend in advent, pay homage to the original Dresdner Christstollen.
Day 6 - Immerse yourself in centuries of Yuletide traditions at Leipzig's Christmas market as you wander past more than 250 decorated stalls in the Marktplatz. Take a trip back in time as you savour the scents of Gl?gi wine and admire the traditional crafts in 'Ancient Leipzig'. We leave vibrant Leipzig for Berlin where we'll spend the next two nights.
Day 7 - You won't need Santa's reindeer to ascend hundreds of metres into the air as you admire 360? views of the city from the Berlin TV Tower. Your Local Specialist will share insights into old East and West Berlin during a sightseeing tour, see the Brandenburg Gate, Unter den Linden Boulevard, the Reichstag building, Tiergarten and the shopping and entertainment district of Kurf?rstendamm. The rest of the day is yours to explore on your own or consider joining an Optional Experience delving into 'Berlin's Secret Past'. Our memorable Christmas journey almost at its end, you'll spend the evening at an exclusive Be My Guest experience and Farewell Dinner as you Connect With Locals in their home.
Day 8 - For now, it's time to bid a festive farewell to our travel companions as we return home filled with magical memories. Morning transfers are available to Berlin Tegel Airport.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 27 February 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans