From 19/09/2021 to 24/09/2021
Explore the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and Corrie ten Boom House in Haarlem with a Local SpecialistDiscover AmsterdamVisit a Dutch windmill and a cheese farm in Zaanse Schans, Volendam and GoudaScenic Cruise of Amsterdam's canalsTickets for Keukenhof Tulip Bulb fields are included during the flowering season as an alternative to Gouda (end of March until mid-May)Connect with Locals Enjoy a home-cooked Dutch dinner with the Pauw family during an exclusive Be My Guest dinner.
(Day 3)Dive into Culture Visit the Rijksmuseum, the national art gallery of the Netherlands, where you’ll enjoy its exceptional collection of works by the Dutch masters.
(Day 2) Visit a working Dutch windmill and see the inner workings of the machinery responsible for helping to reclaim the Netherlands from the sea.
(Day 3) Visit the historical cheese market of Gouda and witness the proud tradition which has made it a cheese trading town since the middle ages.
5 breakfasts3 dinners (inlcuding Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to the picture-perfect city of Amsterdam, buzzing with bicycles and boats. Every alley leads to another cosy bruin caf? and the canals are more plentiful than in Venice. Delve into the gezelligheid of Amsterdam during a city orientation - to see its beautifully preserved medieval buildings and tree-lined canals. Then, enjoy a Welcome Reception and laid-back city cruise along the winding canals, soaking up the alluring setting as you enjoy a light meal.
Day 2 - This morning, we Dive Into Culture and enjoy a Small Group Sightseeing tour of the Rijksmuseum, home to masterpieces of Rembrandt, Hals and Vermeer. Spend the rest of the day exploring the city your way. Visit the floating flower market or stroll along the gabled fa?ades that line Amsterdam's ring of canals. End your day with delicious local flavours at one of the city's many cosy restaurants. However you choose to spend your day, you're in for a gezellig time in one of Europe's cutest capitals.
Day 3 - Take a trip back in time to discover the centuries-old traditions of Holland stopping in the pretty town of Haarlem. We join a Local Specialist this morning for a visit to the Corrie ten Boom House and Museum. Learn how this watchmaker helped countless Jews escape Nazi prosecution during World War II, which ultimately led to her arrest. Dive Into Culture and visit Zaanse Schans to sample delicious Dutch cheeses and investigate the inner-workings of one of the country's many windmills. Along the way, you'll learn about the Zuiderzee, and its incredible story of land reclamation and battle against the encroaching sea. We travel to the fishing village of Volendam on the shores of the IJsselmeer, our gateway into a Holland of yesteryear. This evening, we Connect With Locals to enjoy a home-cooked dinner with the Pauw family during an exclusive Be My Guest experience.
Day 4 - You'll get to explore Amsterdam your way today. Don your most comfortable shoes, this is a city for walking. Spend the day tracing Amsterdam's elaborate canal system and admire the centuries-old gabled homes that jostle for their spot overlooking the water. Sit back in a leafy plein and enjoy a crisp pils as you watch the busy Amsterdammers go about their day. You could choose to brave the city streets like the locals by bike. Pedal along the tree-lined canals and over bridges bound for some of the city's great highlights like the Westerkerk, tranquil Jordaan and Vondelpark.
Day 5 - The powerful aroma of delicious Dutch cheese will infuse our senses today. Seemingly frozen in time with its beautiful 15th-century town hall and medieval cheese weighing station, Gouda's status as a cheese trading town dates back to the Middle Ages. Dive Into Culture and witness this proud tradition first-hand in the town's beautiful market square, before spending the rest of the day at leisure (Please note, during the opening of Keukenhof, an excursion to see the tulip fields will be included instead of the visit to Gouda). Returning to Amsterdam this evening, you'll be treated to a superb Farewell Dinner in the heart of the city.
Day 6 - The time has come to bid tot ziens to the magnificent city and your fellow travellers after an enjoyable encounter with Amsterdam and the surrounding Dutch countryside. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 June 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 13 June 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans