London and Paris Explorer
From 16/10/2021 to 17/04/2022
Explore London and Paris with a Local SpecialistDiscover Bath and WindsorVisit the Roman Baths in Bath, Stonehenge and the Palace of VersaillesView the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Élysées, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame CathedralSee Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and the White Cliffs of DoverConnect with Locals Experience a classic old style quintessentially Parisian Bistro, run by Daniel and his family, at your Be My Guest Dinner.
This is where the locals come and is one of our favourite places for rustic and soulful French cuisine.
8 breakfasts3 dinners (including Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotelFerry from Dover to CalaisCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesLondon airport transfer service is available to purchase.
See link below for airport transfer pageHand-picked Trip Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Embrace the pomp and pageantry of a city that combines the fascinating heritage of yesteryear with all the verve of a modern capital. Stroll through its leafy Royal Parks, shop up a storm in the West End or visit some of London's world-famous historic attractions or museums to gain a sense of a place that is certainly larger than life. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - This morning leave London and travel to Bath. Visit the Roman Baths from which the city derives its name and enjoy an orientation of this World Heritage Site with its beautiful Georgian architecture. After free time for lunch, travel through the scenic countryside and stop at Stonehenge to visit the historic stone monoliths where pagans once worshipped.
Day 3 - London's iconic sights take centre stage today during a half-day introductory sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. See Big Ben, the imposing Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace, before travelling to the town of Windsor with its vast royal castle, the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. Spend the afternoon following in the footsteps of royalty. Explore over 900 years of royal history, ambling through this historic market town. Return to London and discover its theatrical treasures this evening should you consider joining your Travel Director at an optional West End show.
Day 4 - Enjoy a day at leisure to explore the captivating sights and sounds of London. Your Travel Director will provide you with recommendations on how to spend your day in the city. Perhaps take a leisurely cruise along the Thames River, delve into centuries of history and admire exquisite royal jewels at the Tower of London, catch a flight on the London Eye, then meander through the stalls of Covent Garden.
Day 5 - Departing London, we travel through the lush green Kent countryside to board our ferry in Dover, watching the impressive White Cliffs disappear into the distance as we cross to France. We pass the bloody World War I battlefields of the Somme en route to Paris where we will spend four nights.
Day 6 - The 'City of Lights' shines brightly today as our Local Specialist takes us on a sightseeing tour of Paris. We'll view the grand Champs ?lys?es, Arc de Triomphe, Place de la Concorde and Notre Dame Cathedral before enjoying a walk through the Latin Quarter. Spend a free afternoon soaking up the sophistication of this beautiful city. Maybe wander through Montmartre and admire the imposing white domes of Sacre Coeur, enjoy a light-hearted picnic in the pretty Tuileries gardens. This evening we Connect With Locals over dinner and indulge in a first-hand encounter with Parisian culture during a Be My Guest experience.
Day 7 - Enjoy a free morning in Paris or pay a visit to da Vinci's Mona Lisa at one of the world's most visited museums, the Louvre. Later, join a Local Specialist today to explore the opulent Palace of Versailles - its splendour and beauty created to reflect the self-proclaimed majesty of King Louis XIV, the 'Sun King'. See the exquisite sprawling gardens, the Hall of Mirrors with its impressive chandeliers and glinting . This evening, enjoy the city by night or perhaps attend a colourful Parisian cabaret performance.
Day 8 - Spend the day at leisure delving into the sophistication and glamour of Paris on your own terms. Sample delicious French cakes at a local p?tisserie, amble along the cobblestone lanes of Le Marais or journey into the macabre underground catacombs dating back to the 19th century. On our last evening together in Paris, we join our travel companions and Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner in the city.
Day 9 - After breakfast, we bid our newfound friends a fond farewell as our memorable holiday comes to a close. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 09 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans