Best of Scotland
From 11/07/2021 to 09/10/2021
Explore Edinburgh with a Local SpecialistDiscover Glasgow and StirlingVisit Edinburgh Castle, Pitlochry, the Isle of Skye, Glagow Cathedral, Culloden Battlefield and Stirling CastleView the 18th green at St.
Andrews, the Glenfinnan Monument, Eilean Donan Castle, Loch Ness, Glencoe, Necropolis, George Square and Glengoyne whiskey distillery in GlasgowConnect with Locals Join the Wood family at their 15th-century historical farm on the shores of Loch Ard for a home-cooked Scottish Be My Guest dinner, tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes.
(Day 6)Dive into Culture Visit Glengoyne, known as Scotland's most beautiful whisky distillery, for a tour and a tasting of their unique Highland single malt whisky.
6 breakfasts4 dinners (including Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Ferry from the Isle of Skye to MallaigCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverTickets are included for the world-famous Tattoo during the Edinburgh FestivalAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Get lost in the narrow lanes of Edinburgh - the Scottish capital with a mystical air that combines ancient heritage with the verve of a modern city. Spend your day at leisure delving into its rich history and embracing the warm culture of the Scots, before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception with a light meal and drinks.
Day 2 - Join your Local Specialist this morning for an intriguing sightseeing tour of the city. Ascend Castle Rock and visit Edinburgh Castle, which watches over the surrounding city from its elevated vantage point. Stroll through the Old Town along the Royal Mile and see the stunning Palace of Holyroodhouse before enjoying time at leisure to soak up the city's festive atmosphere. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
Day 3 - Tread in the footsteps of the world's golfing greats and head to St. Andrews en route to the glorious Scottish Highlands. A scenic drive takes us north and across the Firth of Tay, past the city of Dundee to Pitlochry. After lunch, enjoy some free time to explore its river-side setting or join an Optional Experience to Blair Castle, the ancestral home of the Clan Murray. Our day in beautiful surrounds comes to an end with a cosy dinner at our hotel located within the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands.
Day 4 - Continue your journey to the tragic battlefield of Culloden. Pay tribute to the brave men who lost their lives in the Jacobite Uprising, then journey past Scotland's infamous Loch Ness. The rugged beauty of Eilean Donan Castle will leave you speechless before you continue your journey to the coast and cross to the Isle of Skye. Heather-clad peaks provide a stunning backdrop for our scenic drive across the Sleat Peninsula. Indulge in some free time for lunch before boarding your ferry in Armadale and crossing to Mallaig, back on the mainland.
Day 5 - Our first stop today sees us commemorate World War II history at the Commando Memorial near Fort William, from which we admire spectacular views of Britain's highest peak - Ben Nevis. We journey through the volcanic ruins and precipitous mountains that lie just beyond Glencoe to see the 'Glen of Weeping'. Here we remember the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred in 1692. Continuing towards the River Clyde, we arrive at our final stop for the day - Glasgow.
Day 6 - Madainn mhath! While your Gaelic may be a little rusty, your orientation tour around this edgy city will be anything but. Begin your day seeing Glasgow's iconic sights. Enjoy views of the Necropolis, the regal George Square and River Clyde, for over 200 years the centre of shipbuilding. Journey to Stirling, to see its hilltop fortress, which stands as a symbol of national pride. Stirling Castle was once the seat of Scottish kings and queens, including Mary, Queen of Scots. View the Wallace Monument from the castle walls, paying tribute to the Scottish hero who fought for Scotland's independence. Later, we Dive Into Culture at Glengoyne Whisky Distillery and enjoy a wee dram before joining the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard to Connect With Locals over a home-cooked Be My Guest Farewell Dinner, amidst tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes.
Day 7 - The rugged beauty and warmth of Scotland's people forever in your memories, we enjoy one last hearty breakfast with our travel companions before wishing them and your Travel Director a fond farewell. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 15 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans