Best of Devon and Cornwall
From 02/09/2021 to 07/10/2021
Discover Bath, Bristol, Brixham, Plymouth, Dunster, Lynmouth, Exeter and SalisburyVisit Royal Windsor, the Roman Baths in Bath, Longleat House in Warminster, Lacock village, Buckfast Abbey, the artists' colony of St.
Ives, Exeter Cathedral, the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge and John Constable's SalisburyView Windsor Castle, the Capability Brown landscaped parkland at Longleat, Tintagel Castle in Cornwall, the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth and St.
Michael's MountConnect with Locals Savour an exclusive Be My Guest cream tea at The Old Forge, the former family home of Jane Seymour, one of Henry VIII's six wives.
(Day 3)Dive into Culture Enjoy a guided tour of Longleat House, the seat of the Marquesses of Bath and one of the finest stately homes open to the public.
(Day 2) Visit Buckfast Abbey, a Benedictine monastery built on the site where monks have lived and prayed for over 1,000 years.
5 breakfasts1 lunch (Be My Guest)2 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotelCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesLondon airport transfers are available to purchase.
See airport transfer page link below for detailsPick-up and drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar, or from the London Reception CentreHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Leave the bright lights of the British capital behind and journey through lush landscapes to the historic market town of Windsor. Journeying west, we arrive in the stately Georgian town of Bath, whose beautiful Pulteney Bridge and 15th-century Gothic Abbey provide a picturesque backdrop for the Roman Baths from which the city takes its name. See the steamy thermal pool of the 'Great Bath' before travelling to easygoing Bristol, where we'll enjoy an orientation of the city including views of the Clifton Suspension Bridge and Brunel's SS Great Britain, the world's first ocean-going luxury liner.
Day 2 - Leaving trendy Bristol behind, we embark on a scenic drive through the English countryside, arriving at Longleat Stately Home where we'll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into centuries of British tradition. Embark on an included guided tour one of the country's finest stately homes, currently home to the 7th Marquess of Bath. Wander through its grand rooms featuring priceless collections of art, antiques and tapestries collected by 15 generations and admire the exquisite Capability Brown landscaped parkland. Later, we stop in the picturesque village of Lacock - its honey-coloured stone cottages and 15th-century inns have served as an iconic backdrop for such famous films as 'Pride & Prejudice', 'Harry Potter' and 'Downton Abbey'.
Day 3 - The sounds and smell of the sea beckon as you make your way to Devon and stop in the fishing town of Brixham where Sir Francis Drake's ship 'Golden Hind' is permanently moored. You'll head to Totnes, on the Dart River, and Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience where you'll savour a cream tea at The Old Forge. This 600-year-old structure was originally the workshop for the Duke of Somerset's Berry Pomeroy Castle and Estates and the former family home of Jane Seymour, one of Henry VIII's six wives. Continue to Buckfast Abbey where you'll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into how Benedictine monks have lived and prayed for nearly 1,000 years. Venture to Plymouth next, where pilgrims once left English shores for an unknown new world. This evening you could choose to toast to their bravery over an optional dinner with your fellow travellers.
Day 4 - Continue your journey to lovely St. Ives, a popular retreat for artists, surfers and sun-worshippers. On the way, enjoy views of St. Michael's Mount with its 17th-century castle, perched dramatically atop the tidal island near the seaside town of Penzance. Stop at Tintagel Castle, the legendary birthplace of King Arthur, and admire its rugged clifftop vantage point overlooking the wild Atlantic. Your final destination today is the sophisticated capital of Devon - Exeter. Its stunning medieval centre is yours to explore on your own this evening.
Day 5 - This morning, visit the Exeter Cathedral with its 15th-century astronomical clock and misericords, said to be the earliest complete set in the United Kingdom. Continue to the Somerset village of Dunster, where you'll have some free time for lunch and an opportunity to view its castle on your own. Visit Lynmouth next, the walking capital of Exmoor, then drive through the brooding landscape of Dartmoor National Park, stopping at a traditional pub for a memorable Farewell Dinner with your travel companions. Return to Exeter, where you'll spend the night.
Day 6 - This morning, visit the ancient monoliths at Stonehenge, which rise imposingly on Salisbury Plain, imagining a time when pagans and druids would gather in their mysterious midst. We'll visit the town of Salisbury, home to Britain's tallest spire, before returning to London where our memorable journey through Devon and Cornwall comes to an end.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 15 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans