Enchanting Emerald Isle
From 03/04/2022 to 16/10/2022
Explore Dublin, Killarney National Park and Westport with a Local SpecialistDiscover Galway and KillarneyVisit EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum, the National Irish Famine Museum at Strokestown Park, Kylemore Abbey, Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle, Kilkenny Castle and Trinity CollegeView the mountains of the Connemara and Torc WaterfallSee St.
Patrick's Cathedral and the Georgian Squares in Dublin and Galway CathedralScenic Cruise across the Shannon EstuaryScenic Drive of the Ring of KerryConnect with Locals Travel to 12th-century Ireland and explore the remains of the Lost Town of Newtown Jerpoint followed by a hearty Irish Be My Guest dinner with the O'Connells and a spot of Eton Mess.
(Day 6)Dive into Culture Visit the Irish National Famine Museum for insights into the plight of the starving people of Ireland during the Great Irish Famine in the mid-19th century.
7 breakfasts5 dinners (including Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Ferry across the Shannon estuaryCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted Highlights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - A warm welcome to Dublin, a modern multi-cultural city that embraces its past and exudes an enduring sense of fun. Meet your Local Specialist this afternoon for a guided city tour to view the elegant Georgian Squares and St. Patrick's Cathedral. A special Welcome Reception this evening sees you visiting EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum.
Day 2 - Journey through the lush green countryside before your first stop at Strokestown where we will Dive Into Culture at the Irish Famine Museum, delving into the stories of the 1840s famine. See the haunting pleas of starving tenants on the estate and the response they received, before continuing to Enniscrone.
Day 3 - Travel to Westport and meet your Local Specialist for a walking tour during which you'll learn about the town's heritage - from its settlement 5,000 years ago to modern-day times. Later, visit the Benedictine monastery of Kylemore Abbey, set against the striking backdrop of Lake Kylemore, and stroll through its walled Victorian gardens. We continue to Galway, the 'City of Tribes', where we'll see Galway Cathedral and spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
Day 4 - The sheer Cliffs of Moher plunge dramatically into the Atlantic Ocean, providing endless ocean views which we'll have an opportunity to admire during a morning visit. Later, we cross the Shannon estuary by ferry to Killarney, our home for the next two nights. Spend a free evening soaking up some unforgettable Irish craic or delve into the town's centuries-old history.
Day 5 - Dramatic vistas are ours to enjoy as we circle the achingly beautiful Ring of Kerry - one of the most scenic drives on the 'Emerald Isle'. See a soul-stirring landscape that has inspired poets, artists and writers for centuries, before returning to Killarney where you have the rest of the afternoon free to explore on your terms. Consider a leisurely guided walk at Torc Waterfall with a Local Specialist taking you along the lakeshore and past the farmlands of the 19th-century Muckross Estate.
Day 6 - Kiss the famous Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle and receive the 'gift of the gab'. Travel to County Kilkenny to discover the 12th-century town of Newtown Jerpoint and hear about the saint buried there, who inspired the legend of Santa Claus. Later, we meet local farmers Joe and Maeve O'Connell at their home, Belmore House, to Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience and hear the tale of the 'lost' town over dinner.
Day 7 - Visit Kilkenny Castle, an Anglo-Norman stone castle that sits majestically over the Nore River. In the castle basement, you'll find the Butler Gallery, one of Ireland's most important art galleries outside of Dublin. Returning to the Irish capital, visit Trinity College and enjoy priority access to see the Book of Kells, said to be the world's most famous medieval manuscript. All that's left to say is a rousing sl?inte or two while you indulge in a memorable Farewell Dinner, enjoying a fun night out at a classic public house in the city. Admire the authentic Victorian bar and walk up the original staircase from Trinity College, which was featured in the Michael Caine film 'Educating Rita'.
Day 8 - It's time to close the chapter on an unforgettable Irish holiday. We bid our newfound friends and Travel Director a fond farewell. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 September 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans