Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road
From 20/09/2021 to 03/10/2021
3 breakfastsAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Kickstart your scenic coastal journey in Melbourne. On arrival, spend the day immersing yourself in what makes this city Australia's 'Capital of Cool'.
Day 2 - We leave Melbourne's towering skyline and grand boulevards bound for the Great Ocean Road. Your journey will take you through the lush tree-fern gullies and towering mountain-ash rainforests of Otway National Park. The imposing Twelve Apostles loom in the distance, rising high above the crashing waves below. Survey the grandeur of this iconic site from your cliff-top vantage point and stroll along the boardwalk, keeping your camera at hand to capture the natural splendour of this setting. See Loch Ard Gorge and discover the romantic and tragic story of love and lives lost aboard the schooner Loch Ard in 1878. Explore Port Campbell National Park and delve into the tragic history of over 50 ships wrecked along this unforgiving coastline. Travel the length of the Great Ocean Road, built by returned soldiers between 1919 and 1932.
Day 3 - Savour the aromas of coffee that seem to linger around every corner in cosmopolitan Melbourne. Your sightseeing tour will take you past Parliament House, Queen Victoria Market and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Visit the Koala Conservation Reserve to connect with the koalas, wallabies, echidnas and native birds. View spectacular coastal scenery at the Nobbies, two rocky outcrops abundant in marine life, as you journey to Phillip Island. Learn about the Little Penguins and life on the island during a visit to the educational Visitor Information Centre. Witness a miracle of nature as the Little Penguins battle the surf and make their way to their dune burrows to greet their young families, then gain a deeper understanding of the environmental and conservation methods that ensure the wildlife and vulnerable geology of Phillip Island remain protected.
Day 4 - Your Mini Stay concludes after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 April 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 16 April 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans