Ayurvedic Wellness Retreat in Sri Lanka - Detour Mini Adventure(Twin Share Room,Start Colombo, End Colombo)
From 29/12/2021 to 09/04/2022
Morning yoga classOne Day Ayurvedic Treatment PackageSri Lanka Cooking Demonstration class - focus on Ayurvedic foods.
8 meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Colombo! We're headed straight to our retreat today, in the dreamy coastal town of Ahungalla...This tropical coastal town, with its cobalt waters and gentle breeze, will steal our hearts as soon as we arrive. We'll meet our Trip Manager today to get checked in, before our group introduction to Ayurvedic medicine with a local doctor. We'll learn about this ancient craft, which translates, literally, as "science of long life.' Ayurvedic's history runs nearly as deep on the island of Sri Lanka, whose own form of indigenous medicine "Hela Veda", fused with the practices of the Indian export - evolving it to include local ingredients and conditions. After our introduction we'll enjoy an included dinner, awaiting some even more chilled days ahead...
Day 2 - Wake up wake up - we're starting the day the right way today with an included yoga class on the beach, overlooking the sparkling waters as the Sri Lankan sun rises. Then it's time for breakfast and a day of Ayurvedic treatments. We'll receive a voucher for a package of Ayurveda treatments to book and use at our leisure over the next few days. Whatever treatment or massage you opt for, you'll be feeling blissful as you face the day. Maybe opt for some watersports, fishing cruises or more - all is available from the resort.
Day 3 - Another golden sunrise, another yoga class to get us in the mood. After an included breakfast the day is ours to enjoy more included Ayurvedic therapy, as well as a Sri Lankan cooking demonstration where we'll learn to whip up the local delicacies. Tonight it's time for something special, as we have the opportunity to visit Kosgoda Turtle Conservation centre to witness baby turtles being released into the wild. And you thought this trip couldn't get any more unforgettable...
Day 4 - After an included breakfast today we're headed back to Colombo...Where our trip sadly ends. Don't forget to swap details and start planning the next adventure...
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans