Barcelona to Venice
Day 1 - Barcelona One of Europe’s most visually stunning cities, Barcelona balances the medieval intimacy of its Gothic Quarter with the grace and distinction of the wide boulevards in the Moderniste Eixample. It was the home of architect Antoni Gaudí, whose Sagrada Familia Cathedral, Park Güell and Casa Milà are the most profound statements of Modernisme. View the splendid works at the Picasso Museum and the Miro Foundation, or discover Barcelona’s passionate ambiance at a flamenco show.
Day 2 - Monte Carlo Tiny, but packed with fun, Monte Carlo offers a wonderful combination of history, beauty, entertainment and leisure. The wealthiest spot in Monaco, Monte Carlo is an enchanting place, known as the international capital of luxury and for its celebrity-sightings, casinos and nightlife. Yet the old world shines through in its art and architecture. Palaces, cathedrals and museums dot this small municipality in an old town full of rich history. Be sure to catch the once-daily changing of the guard, then tour the public areas at the Palais du Prince, home to the royal family, whose most famous resident was famous actress Grace Kelly.
Day 3 - Rome (Civitavecchia) Whether enjoying the street performers at the Spanish Steps and people-watching over a fine glass of wine in colorful Trastevere, or taking in the historical and architectural glory that is Rome, visitors are spoiled for choice in this truly Eternal City. St. Peter’s Basilica is a full-day outing, featuring the Sistine Chapel and panoramic city vistas for those willing to climb to the top of the dome. Other landmarks not to miss include the renowned Trevi Fountain, the Coliseum, and Aventine Hill, which provides you with a grand view of the imposing remains of the Imperial Palaces and the Circus Maximus, of Ben Hur fame.
Day 4 - Sorrento/Capri Sorrento is surely one of the world’s most beautiful towns, built on a coast with breathtaking views and landscapes. Yet it is far from a frivolous vacation destination. The houses, people and the entire region are filled with a history and culture so deep that it can be traced back to the 11th century BC. Overlooking the bay of Naples, the town is the key point on the Sorrentine Peninsula and is one of the most popular destinations of the entire Campania region. Make sure to plan a day trip to Capri, one of the most celebrated Italian islands, noted for its natural beauty.
Day 5 - Messina Messina, the third largest city in Sicily, was the most important port of departure for European knights on their way to the Crusades in the Middle Ages. Today, this extensively rebuilt port city still boasts many historically and architecturally significant landmarks, particularly the renowned cathedral with its unusual astronomical clock, the 12th century Catania Church and the ornate Teatro Vittorio Emanuele. Messina is also the starting point for a day trip to the peak of breath-taking Mt. Etna-Crateri Silvestri.
Day 6 - Mediterranean Sea Cruising
Day 7 - Zadar Found on the northern Dalmatian coast of Croatia, Zadar is rich with thousands of years of history. Ruled at various times by the Romans, Ostrogoths, and Byzantium, the city became a center of commerce and naval power rivaling that of Venice. Today, Zadar’s history, culture, and architecture draw visitors from around the world, as does Plitvice National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 8 - Venice This renowned “City of Canals” was built on an archipelago of more than 100 islands formed by about 150 canals. Ancient cobblestone streets lined with tiny ceramic and glass workshops and tempting cafes wind their way between fabulous palazzos and vast town squares along the banks of the canals. For shoppers, the city offers colorful markets; for those interested in architecture, the original Baroque classics, Basilica San Marco, the Rialto Bridge, the Doge’s Palace, and the Bridge of Sighs as viewed from a gondola or toured on foot, are breath-taking. And art lovers should make sure not to miss the Scuola Grande di San Rocco, home to Tintoretto’s finest works; or, for more modern tastes, the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, showcasing masterpieces of 20th-century art currents and the avant-garde movements.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 April 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..