Northern Choice (Wellington to Auckland - Until July 2022 Summer)(Multi Share,Start Wellington, End Auckland)
From 11/07/2022 to 20/07/2022
Throughout your trip you’ll be getting your beauty sleep in comfy beds in cosy multi-share rooms.
Your accommodation will always be located in the heart of the action, with communal areas for you and your new best friends to relax and socialise.
We'll get 12 of your meals, you get the rest.
You can expect a healthy breakfast every morning, as well as a traditional Maori Hangi and a BBQ or roast along the way.
We'll also give you plenty of opportunities to try the best gourmet eats in NZ.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Wellington Wellington let's do this, and what better place to start than NZ's well-cultured capital. after checking in to our comfy digs for the evening, the afternoon is yours to start conquering the windy city. Coffeeconnoisseurshead straight to Cuba Street and hit up any of the local caffeine joints, or if the sun is shining, there's really nothing better than the waterfront and a crisp glass of NZ wine. This evening you'll meet up with the rest of the squad, pumped for the imminent adventure that awaits you.
Day 2 - Wellington The day is yours to explore Wellington! In the early evening we'll head to a local cafe and try the famed flat white coffee in its city of origin (sorry Australians). Then you'll have a free afternoon, or (from Oct 2020) we'll meet Parris Quinn our 2019 changemaker, and try some of her Heart Parcels brownies. Heart Parcels is a charity that Parris started to ensure Wellington's homeless have enough food to eat. Buy a delicious brownie here and the proceeds go straight towards feeding people living on the streets of Wellington. If it's a Monday night, you're welcome to join Paris as she hands out donations. It's inspiring stuff.
Day 3 - Wellington to Mount Ruapehu We wave goodbye to Wellington and its beautiful scenery and we prepare ourselves for our next adventure - and trust us, this one is bucket-list worthy.Known as the apr?s-ski capital of the North island, Ohakune is a tranquil town with stupendous view. Today you have the option to go mountain biking along one of NZ's most picturesque track, "the Old Coach Rd" or spend the day bettering your skills on the slopes or generally treating yourself to all the snowy based activities on offer, then tonight snuggle down in our Special Stay ski lodge, located in prime position at the base of Mt. Ruapehu.
Day 4 - Mount Ruapehu to Lake Taupo Wake up in the spectacular surroundings of Mt. Ruapehu with the epic views of the volcano, and you have the option this morning to go mountain biking along one of NZ's most picturesque track, "the Old Coach Rd" before we head to Taupo.Volcanic peak views & trout fishing will seamlessly slip us into quaint lake life. But don't be fooled by the seemingly still scenery - a bungy jump or skydive are both on the menu if that adrenaline itch needs scratching.
Day 5 - Lake Taupo to Rotorua via Huka Falls As we leave Lake Taupo keep an eye out for even more recognisable 'The Lord of the Rings' backdrops.220,000 litres (58 000 gallons) of water gush over Huka Falls per second. Just let that sink in for a minute. Wild, right? Even wilder still is the Huka Falls Jet experience - a thrilling ride that will get you experiencing the full force of the falls and leave you with even more of a taste for adventure.When you catch your first whiff of that... 'unusual' sulphur smell, you'll know we've arrived in Rotorua. Upon arrival in Rotorua we get to learn some fascinating info on NZ's national birds, as well as watch new lives hatch right in front of our eyes! How impressed are you right now? Soak in a hotspring, go skydiving or take a canopy tour - there's plenty of time for you to make the best of this town. Tonight we enjoy a Maori dance performance and feast on a H?ngi dinner that is sweetly roasted in the ground.
Day 6 - Rotorua The day is yours to roam free in this geothermal paradise. Soak in a hot spring, go white water rafting or hike up a volcano. The options are limitless and the decisions are yours. We recommend the Rotorua Dawn Canopy Tour, exclusive to Contiki, where you'll watch the sun rise, eat some breakfast and drink coffee up in the towering trees as the birds make start their morning calls. Then, you'll get to soar 1200m through the forest on the ultimate zipline adventure.
Day 7 - Rotorua to Auckland Famed for its spurting geysers, boiling mud pools & hot springs, gondola and speeding luge rides, Rotorua is a natural wonderland and then some. But don't let the allure of this place consume you, for there's a fun stop at Hobbiton village we must complete. Join us at our short visit at the land of 'Lord of the Rings', before we head to Auckland. That's right, it wouldn't be a complete experience without a stop at the "Shire".
Day 8 - Auckland to Paihia via Parry Kauri Park We'll cross Aucklands Harbour Bridge admiring the 'City of Sails' harbour before starting our journey north to Paihia.We'll waste no time exploring what this country is famed for - unfathomable nature. Ancient Kauri trees that stand up to 50 metres high and hold over 1000-years of history will delight a walk through the reserve of Parry Kauri Park. -Walk through native Kauri ForestOn arrival to the Bay of Island we're starting off with a dose of Kiwi history on a guided tour at Waitangi Treaty grounds where in 1840 New Zealand officially became a nation of two communities. And because we like to give you that something extra, how about a free admission at the Treaty museum, in case you seek a bit more detail on Kiwi history.
Day 9 - Paihia Whether it's parasailing or a fast boat ride - today's (idyllic) list of optionals reads like a who's who of adventure. This area is filled with natural beauty and is sure to inspire your inner wild child. Make the most of the Free Time Add-On experiences on offer - tomorrow we head back to the big city vibes.
Day 10 - Paihia to End Auckland Feeling salty and sun-kissed we wave goodbye to beautiful Paihia & sashay our way back down NZ in the direction of Auckland.Time to say adios to the wolf pack and re-live the dream that was the land of the long white cloud, no doubt also dreaming of what might be next in store on an upcoming Contiki adventure, Asia, adventure? Wellington Tuck into coffee and cake in one of Wellington's cafes, including a 'Heart parcels' brownie with proceeds going towards supporting the homeless Join our 2019 Changemaker Parris Quinn in handing out 'Heart Parcels' food to Wellington's homeless (from Oct 2020 - selected departures) Check out the cafe & restaurant scene in Wellington, voted the coolest little capital in the world Lake Taupo to Rotorua Take a behind the scenes tour of the of a Kiwi conservation project at the Rainbow Springs Kiwi Encounter Rotorua to Auckland Visit Hobbiton and take a guided tour of the set made famous by the "Lord of the Rings & Hobbit" movies Auckland to Paihia See the City of Sails harbour made famous by the Americas Cup
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans