Sound of Music
From 07/05/2022 to 16/10/2022
VIP Admission to the Kunsthistorisches Museum in ViennaExplore Salzburg and Vienna with a Local SpecialistDiscover Munich and InnsbruckVisit Neuschwanstein Castle, the alpine resort of Berchtesgaden, the Church made famous in the film 'The Sound of Music' in Mondsee, Graz and the Lipizzaner Stud farm in PiberView Wilten Basilica and the Golden Roof in Innsbruck and Mozart's Birthplace in SalzburgConnect With Locals You are taken on a tour of the Monastery of Kloster Wernberg, originally a castle, today home to 60 Missionary Sisters of the Precious Blood with whom you'll enjoy a traditional Carinthian Be My Guest dinner.
Dive into Culture Enjoy a visit to the Kunsthistorisches Museum, the largest art museum in Austria, to view the Royal Collection before the general public has access.
Dive Into Culture Visit the Lipizzaner Stud Farm at Piber which has bred horses since 1920 and today provides all the stallions for the Spanish Riding School in Vienna.
MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Support the Missionary Sisters of the Precious Blood at the Kloster Wernberg Monastery in their efforts to preserve this ancient monastery and improve the lives of women and children worldwide.
1 Be My Guest1 Farewell Dinner1 Welcome Reception2 Dinners8 BreakfastsAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAudio headsets for flexible sightseeingBreakfast daily and up to half of your evening mealsCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Must-see sightseeing and surprise extrasOptional Experiences and free time.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Willkommen in M?nchen - which you will have an opportunity to explore before embarking on your lyrical sojourn through the Sound of Music. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a memorable Welcome Reception to kick-start your leisurely meander through Germany and Austria.
Day 2 - Embark on a morning orientation tour past some of the city's most renowned sites, including the Opera House, Ludwigstrasse, Hofbr?uhaus and Marienplatz, whose Glockenspiel delights visitors throughout the day with its re-enactment of 16th-century tales. Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the city's Old Town or consider an Optional Experience to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site, the first of the Nazi camps established in Germany. This evening, connect with the city's rich beer heritage and consider a memorable night out at a local beer hall.
Day 3 - Journey to Neuschwanstein Castle, built as a retreat for shy King Ludwig II to retire from public life. Continue through Bavaria, arriving in Innsbruck. We dine at our hotel this evening.
Day 4 - The Tyrol mountains beckon today in this capital of Tyrol. We spend a leisurely day against a magnificent alpine backdrop, exploring the city's iconic sights. Admire Emperor Maximilian I's ornate Golden Roof, then maybe take a trip up the funicular for spectacular views, or see the Hofburg Palace. Admire the fascinating crystal installations and browse for precious gifts and souvenirs at the Swarovski Crystal Worlds Store.
Day 5 - Spend a soul-stirring morning connecting with the astounding natural beauty of Berchtesgaden. You'll want to take in all the spectacular views on an Optional Experience visit to Eagle's Nest, intended as a mountain retreat for Hitler and his inner circle. See the awe-inspiring mountain landscape and learn about the area's fascinating history before arriving in Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart and the backdrop for the 'The Sound of Music.'
Day 6 - Join your Local Specialist for a tour of the city's iconic highlights including Getreidegasse, the Salzburg Cathedral, Mozart's birthplace and many of the locations used in the film 'The Sound of Music'. Leave the sounds of Salzburg behind for lakeside Mondsee, where you'll visit Mondsee Abbey, the one-time Benedictine monastery that served as the church where Captain von Trapp and Maria were married in the film. This afternoon, we travel to Villach for an unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience in a converted 15th-century former monastery. We'll Connect With Locals over dinner and enjoy a Carinthian Be My Guest experience with the Missionary Sisters of the Precious Blood who generously share their stories and songs with guests.
Day 7 - Dive Into Culture during a visit to the Lipizzaner Stud farm at Piber and gain insights into the breeding of the Spanish Riding School's athletic white stallions. Later, stop in the town of Graz with its galleried courtyards and Renaissance squares. Finally arrive in the Austrian capital, Vienna, and check in to your hotel.
Day 8 - Enjoy an exclusive guided visit of the Habsburg royal collection of art at the Kunsthistorisches Museum, prior to admission of the general public. Dive Into Culture and visit the Kunstkammer during this private insider visit. Later, your Local Specialist will show you the city's major landmarks and palaces during your included sightseeing tour. The magic continues with a walking tour through the oldest parts of the city. This evening, join your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 9 - We say a fond farewell to newfound friends and the beauty of Vienna at the end of an unforgettable experience. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 December 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 November 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans