CONTRASTS OF THE KIMBERLEY
From 06/05/2022 to 23/09/2022
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 4.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE DARWIN Welcome to the Northern Territory! Please schedule flights to arrive by 4pm. Please meet your Tour Director at your leisure in the hotel lobby from 2.00pm - 5.30pm to complete the tour check-in process. Later, join your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome meeting and drink.
Day 2 - DARWIN - ADELAIDE RIVER - KATHERINE Travel from Darwin with a stop in Adelaide River to visit the War Cemetery, home to 435 Commonwealth burials of the Second World War. KATHERINE: (Local Favourite): Storytelling session with a local indigenous artist; dinner cruise through the dramatic Katherine Gorge. See dramatic cliffs, sandy beaches, pristine wilderness and wildlife. (B,D)
Day 3 - KATHERINE - LAKE ARGYLE - KUNUNURRA Continue across the top end. LAKE ARGYLE: Photo stop to see the lake, 21 times bigger than Sydney Harbour. KUNUNURRA: Cruise on the Ord River, one of Western Australia's most scenic and significant waterways. (B,L)
Day 4 - KUNUNURRA KUNUNURRA: Day at leisure. Choose to take an optional excursion and explore nearby UNESCO-listed Purnululu National Park and the dramatic beehive formations of the Bungle Bungle Ranges on a scenic flightseeing or 4-wheel drive tour. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing and ways to spend your day. (B)
Day 5 - KUNUNURRA - WYNDAM - EL QUESTRO STATION WYNDAM: Visit the northernmost town in the Kimberly region and the Five Rivers Lookout. Drive to the famous El Questro Station in the heart of the Kimberley region and covering 283,280 hectares (700,0000 acres) of stunning landscape. EL QUESTRO STATION: Relax at your resort or choose to join a walk to Emma Gorge with time to enjoy the tranquil setting and take a relaxing swim to the waterfall (NOTE: the walk to Emma Gorge is challenging. Please speak to your Tour Director if you are unsure of your ability); special dinner under the sweeping outback evening sky. (B,D) (Local Favourite) Accommodation Spotlight: Immerse yourself in the picturesque landscape of the rocky, red Cockburn Ranges at the Emma Gorge Resort. You'll sleep under the stars in safari-style tented cabins allowing you to experience the great outdoors in complete comfort. All tented cabins feature en-suite facilities, electricity, ceiling fans (no air conditioning or refrigerator), and coffee/tea maker. The resort has an outdoor swimming pool, restaurant, and the stunning Emma Gorge, at your doorstep.
Day 6 - EL QUESTRO STATION EL QUESTRO STATION: Day at leisure. Choose to explore more of the walking tracks, go horseback riding, or take a scenic helicopter flight. You may also choose to visit to Zebedee Thermal Springs where you can relax in the warm waters. (B) NOTE: The visit to Zebedee Springs happens in the morning. If you wish to participate in additional activities these should be planned after 1pm.
Day 7 - EL QUESTRO STATION - FITZROY CROSSING Continue across the Top End. FITZROY CROSSING: After dinner, your evening is at leisure. (B,L,D)
Day 8 - FITZROY CROSSING - BROOME FITZROY CROSSING: Cruise through the stunning Geikie Gorge, known for its sheer white and grey walls. Learn the gorge's history and geology plus there's a chance to spot local wildlife such as crocodiles, and wallabies. BROOME: Orientation tour. Evening at leisure. There's time to stroll on the beach, wander through Chinatown or shop for pearls. (B, L)
Day 9 - BROOME BROOME: Day at leisure. Choose to experience a trip of a lifetime when you join an optional excursion to Horizontal Falls; take a scenic seaplane flight and then take a thrilling ride on a fast boat through the waterfalls. It's an opportunity not to miss! (Local Favourite) Tasting at a craft brewery followed by a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Broome with a magical morning camel ride on Cable Beach where you'll breathe in the fresh air and enjoy travelling along the shores of the Indian Ocean. This and many more options throughout your tour are available with MyACCOUNT. Get locals maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.
Day 10 - BROOME Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. You may also choose to extend your time in Broome and explore more on your own. Extra nights are available for purchase. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans