Alaska Northbound Glacier
Day 1 - Vancouver 24 ports and cities. Over 40 land excursions. Your combinations are nearly endless in this unspoiled land nestled between glacier and rain forest. Explore Alaska by land, sea and air, viewing North America's most noble creatures and natural wonders. It's all designed to get you refueled on inspiration. This is your opportunity to take the adventure you always dreamed of. Witness dramatic displays of ice-shelves breaking off into icebergs. Visit cultures that have lived and loved the land for thousands of years. Marvel at moose and bear on the land, bald eagles soaring above, and humpback whales peacefully rolling with the sea. And gaze upon the backdrop of a million stars showcasing the miracle of the Aurora Borealis.
Day 2 - Inside Passage, Alaska Located between Vancouver and Ketchikan, Alaska's Inside Passage is hot to some of the most breathtaking scenery on the face of the earth, 3000 foot mountain peaks meet the oceans within a mile of the shore. Marvel at the spring wildflowers and the migration of the Humpback and Killer whales. Visit in the autumn when the passage is ablaze with autumn foliage, it's perfect place to view gathering of Bald Eagles.
Day 3 - Ketchikan You've never tasted salmon so fresh. Known as the 'Salmon Capital of the World', Ketchikan is also the ancestral home of the Tlingit people, who have carved the world's largest collection of totem poles. If you're up for an adventure, take a canoe and nature trail excursion through the rain forest or a wilderness exploration followed by a sumptuous crab feast you can't resist.
Day 4 - Icy Strait Point For thousands of years, the Tlingit Indians have called this place home. Located just 22 miles southeast of Glacier Bay National Park, Icy Strait Point offers travelers the chance to view wildlife like humpback whales, eagles, and brown bears, or to explore monuments to the region’s fishing heritage.
Day 5 - Juneau Here's your chance to take a glacial dogsled adventure via helicopter in Alaska's capital. A city that gracefully balances frontier ruggedness with cosmopolitan flair. Mendenhall Glacier, a river of ice measuring 1.5 miles in width and over 6 miles in length, is part of Juneau's Icefield, 1500 square miles of ice that feeds 38 glaciers and ready for you to take a float trip on it.
Day 6 - Skagway Uncovering authentic local finds and having experiences that make you feel like you’ve really connected with a place are important elements in ensuring an extraordinary vacation. We’re taking advantage of our partnership with Travel + Leisure to get their editors’ recommendations and insider tips on the places you will want to visit. Here are their picks for just one of the 150 destinations they covered.
Day 7 - Hubbard Glacier Hubbard Glacier is the largest calving glacier on the North American continent. The glacier routinely calves off icebergs as high as 10-story buildings, sending massive blocks of ice into the sea every few minutes.
Day 8 - Seward The land portion of your Alaska cruisetour begins or ends in Seward, a popular fishing village surrounded by the unrivaled beauty of the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, the Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge, the Chugach National Forest, and the Kenai Fjords National Park. As you might expect, opportunities for up-close-and-personal encounters with wildlife abound.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..