Monkey Mia Dolphins & West Coast
From 18/05/2021 to 06/11/2021
Aboriginal Cultural Experience at Yanchep National ParkVisit The PinnaclesHMAS Sydney Memorial – GeraldtonShell BeachMonkey Mia Dolphin experienceHamlin PoolMurchison River Gorge - Kalbarri National Park.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Today you'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for your journey to Geraldton. Heading north to Yanchep National Park, you'll enjoy a fantastic Aboriginal Cultural Experience in a bush setting. Meet your entertaining Indigenous guide Derek Nannup, a local Nyoongar man, who'll share with you their way of life and will treat you to the enchanting sounds of the didgeridoo. It's a hands-on experience where you'll have the chance to touch and feel traditional Aboriginal tools. Continue to Nambung National Park, home of the marvellous Pinnacles, a series of intriguing limestone formations. On arrival in Geraldton, you'll visit the evocative HMAS Sydney Memorial and have time on your own to discover the seaside township.
Day 2 - Travel to the crystal blue waters and pristine white shell and sandy beaches of Monkey Mia, in the UNESCO World Heritage listed Shark Bay Marine Park. The afternoon is at leisure. Perhaps take an optional experience scenic flight over Shark Bay Marine Park or a wildlife cruise aboard a catamaran to spot sea creatures great and small. This evening, sit back with a cocktail or cool beer and watch the world go by as the sun sets over the Indian Ocean.
Day 3 - Every morning, Monkey Mia's wild dolphins swim to shore to be fed. After a leisurely breakfast overlooking the calm waters of the bay, watch the famous dolphins swim into shore (as dolphins are wild their appearance cannot be guaranteed). Visit fascinating Shell Beach, one of only two in the world, formed from billions of coquina bivalve shells up to ten metres deep. Later, travel to Hamelin Pool to see the world's best known colony of Stromatolites. Dating back to the beginning of life on earth, while they may not appear alive, these living structures have helped scientists unravel the history of life on earth! Venture into Kalbarri National Park to view the spectacular scenery of Murchison River Gorge from a perfect vantage point. Keep an eye out for graceful Peregrine Falcons hunting along the gorges and cliffs. During wildflower season, the National Park is abloom with many a variety of wildflower. You'll spot Acacia, Banksia, Caladenia and more!
Day 4 - On your way south, travel past Hutt Lagoon, one of the famous Pink Lakes in Western Australia. This evening join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner. What a great opportunity to share a few laughs as you recount stories from your time together!
Day 5 - Say farewell to your new-found friends and this magical part of the country after breakfast when you are transferred to Perth Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans