From 26/03/2021 to 06/04/2021
Explore Salamanca MarketVisit Hellyers Road Distillery for a Whisky WalkExperience a taste of life as Tasmanian gentry when you’re invited in to the home of Anne Kernke at Shene Estate for a Be My Guest experienceIndulge with a deliciousBe My Guest lunch and wine tasting at Josef Chromy WinesTaste Tasmanian Cheese at Ashgrove Cheese FactoryCruise to Wineglass Bay with a local guide for a lunch cruise and witness Tasmania’s spectacular rugged coastal scenery from the waterTake a step back in time at Port Arthur Historic Sight and learn about one of Australia’s famous penal colonies with a local guideCruise along the Gordon River on a lunch cruiseHike around Dove Lake in breathtaking Cradle Mountain National Park.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Begin your exploration of the beautiful island of Tasmania with a city sights tour of its capital. Visit the Botanic Gardens, historic Battery Point, and Constitution Dock, then drive to Mt. Nelson for panoramic views over the city. Join your Travel Director tonight for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
Day 2 - A free day to enjoy the sights, sounds, flavours, colour and action of Salamanca Market. Explore the market stalls, wander through the historic sandstone warehouses discovering innovative Tasmanian arts and crafts and delight in the taste and aroma of freshly baked goods and local produce.
Day 3 - This morning see the tiered cascade of Russell Falls before taking the winding road to iconic Lake St. Clair. Passing through the moonscape of the mining town of Queenstown, your final stop today is seaside Strahan.
Day 4 - A highlight today is your cruise on the Gordon River. Be awestruck by the dark waters, stained amber by buttongrass tannins, which reflect the untouched wilderness. Stop at Sarah Island for an insight into a relic of Tasmania's convict history, and see Hells Gates, the notoriously treacherous entrance to the harbour.
Day 5 - This morning you'll marvel at the inspiring beauty of Cradle Mountain National Park. Join your Travel Director for a visit to the Waldheim Chalet for insight into the early history of the Cradle Mountain area. Later, take a guided walk by Dove Lake. You may spot Bennetts wallabies, echidnas and pademelons grazing along the way.
Day 6 - After breakfast, take a walk with a local expert through the Hellyers Road Whisky Distillery in Burnie. Continue to quirky Sheffield, the 'Town of Murals' then stop in the township of Deloraine and have the chance to explore. Travel through the Meander Valley to Launceston.
Day 7 - See Launceston's magnificent Cataract Gorge before taking a scenic drive through rolling hills for lunch and wine-tasting at a Josef Chromy Wines. This afternoon you may like to take an optional experience cruise on the beautiful Tamar River or further explore Launceston and its surrounds.
Day 8 - Visit the beautiful Bridestowe Lavender Estate this morning and treat yourself to its famous lavender ice cream. Later visit the unique Legerwood Carved Memorial Trees site. Then travel south along the picturesque coast to Freycinet National Park.
Day 9 - Experience a four-hour lunch cruise along the coast of the stunning Freycinet Peninsula. The cruise will take you from the gentle shores of Coles Bay past towering pink granite cliffs to Wineglass Bay, a flawless crescent of dazzling white sand.
Day 10 - Journey to historic Ross, renowned as the finest nineteenth-century village in Australia. As you travel towards Hobart, spend time at Shene Estate and enjoy a Be My Guest morning tea. This afternoon, choose an Included Choice sightseeing experience. Visit the iconic Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) and return to Hobart on the MONA ferry, or enjoy a walking tour of Hobart with a local guide.
Day 11 - Explore the Port Arthur Historic Site, taking a cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a walk through the infamous convict prison. This evening, join your Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner at one of Hobart's popular restaurants.
Day 12 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans