From 01/04/2021 to 06/04/2021
Experience a taste of life as Tasmanian gentry when you’re invited in to the home of Anne Kernke at Shene Estate for a Be My Guest experienceCruise to Wineglass Bay with a local guide for a lunch cruise and witness Tasmania’s spectacular rugged coastal scenery from the waterTake a step back in time at Port Arthur Historic Sight and learn about one of Australia’s famous penal colonies with a local guide.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - This evening meet your Travel Director at a Welcome Reception before embarking on your journey along Tasmania's glorious east.
Day 2 - Bridestowe Lavender Estate is your first stop today. It has been growing lavender since 1922 when a London perfumer planted lavender seeds from the French Alps on his family estate which he named after his wife's birthplace in England. Try some of Bridestowe's lavender products and treat yourself to their famous lavender icecream! Later, stop at the Legerwood Carved Memorial Trees planted in honour of fallen WWI soldiers. Then follow the picturesque east coast south to Freycinet National Park.
Day 3 - Another highlight day awaits you! Start it with a drive through dry eucalypt forests to Cape Tourville for a walk that will reward you with stunning views of brilliant blue water, forest and golden beach as far as the eye can see. Experience the exquisite beauty of Wineglass Bay on a four-hour lunch cruise of the Freycinet Peninsula. The cruise will take you from the gentle shores of Coles Bay along the Freycinet coast beneath towering pink granite cliffs to one of the world's best beaches. Anchored at Wineglass Bay, you'll have the chance to absorb the beauty of the National Park and enjoy a gourmet Ploughman's lunch.
Day 4 - Journey to historic Ross, considered the finest nineteenth century village in Australia. You must treat yourself to the self-proclaimed best scallop pie in Tasmania from one of the town's two bakeries, or if you've got a sweet tooth, visit the other bakery for their famous vanilla slice! As you travel south through rich pastoral land towards Hobart, Anne Kernke, custodian of Shene Estate, welcomes you to a Be My Guest experience, as she hosts you to a walking tour through the property's stunning original buildings, true reflections of early Australian architecture and the colonial era. Anne will also invite you into her family home for morning tea, a selection of home-baked goodies. This afternoon choose an Included Choice sightseeing experience - visit Australia's largest privately funded museum, the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), with its eclectic mix of ancient, modern and contemporary art. From there, you'll cruise back to Hobart on the MONA Roma ferry. Or spend your afternoon on a guided walking tour of Hobart with a local expert for an insight into its rugged history, people and places.
Day 5 - Today, explore the Port Arthur Historic Site, taking a cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a fascinating guided walk of the remains of Port Arthur's infamous convict prison. There will also be time for you to wander the site at your leisure. On the drive back to Hobart, see the amazing natural rock formations of the craggy Tasman Arch, the Devil's Kitchen and the Blowhole. This evening, mingle with your fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner at one of Hobart's fine restaurants.
Day 6 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans