From 17/03/2021 to 26/03/2021
Cruise the Gordon River on a lunch cruiseExplore Cradle Mountain National Park with a local guideTaste Tasmanian Cheese at Ashgrove Cheese FactoryVisit The NutExperience spectacular Russell FallsTake a step back in time at Port Arthur Historic Sight and learn about one of Australia’s famous penal colonies with a local guideIndulge at a Farewell Dinner overlooking Hobart’s waterfront.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Your Tasmanian holiday begins with an afternoon tour of Hobart. You'll see historic Battery Point, Salamanca Place, the Botanic Gardens, Constitution Dock, the destination of yachts participating in the Sydney to Hobart race each year, and Mt. Nelson, which affords panoramic views over Australia's southernmost city. Enjoy the company of your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening at a Welcome Reception and dinner.
Day 2 - This morning, you'll head west to New Norfolk and magnificent Mt. Field National Park. Here, you'll take a walk through lush rainforest to the many-tiered cascade of picturesque Russell Falls. Then enjoy the scenic drive to iconic Lake St. Clair, the deepest freshwater lake in Australia, and continue through the rainforest to the coastal town of Strahan. Nestled on the shores of massive Macquarie Harbour, Strahan is the gateway to the World Heritage listed Franklin- Gordon Wild Rivers National Park.
Day 3 - Today's highlight experience is a lunch cruise on the Gordon River. You'll be awestruck by the beauty of the dark waters. Stained amber by buttongrass tannins, they reflect the untouched wilderness that surrounds them. Stop at Sarah Island for an insight into a relic of Tasmania's lesser-known convict history, the Macquarie Harbour Penal Settlement. See Hells Gates, the treacherous entrance to the harbour, and Heritage Landing, site of a 2,000-year-old Huon Pine. Travel through the mining towns of Rosebery and Tullah on your way to your hotel.
Day 4 - This morning, marvel at the inspiring beauty of Cradle Mountain National Park. Join your Travel Director for a guided walk by Dove Lake, where you may spot Bennetts wallabies, echidnas and pademelons along the way. Travel on through rolling green hills to Table Cape for spectacular views of Bass Strait. Picturesque Stanley is in your sights as you head west. Enjoy views of the sheer-sided Stanley bluff known as 'The Nut' and take some time to explore. Your destination is Smithton.
Day 5 - Travel through the picturesque coastal townships of Burnie, Penguin and Ulverstone before heading inland to Sheffield, home to over 60 murals depicting the area's rich history. Stop in the township of Deloraine and have the chance to explore on your way to Launceston, Tasmania's 'northern capital'.
Day 6 - This morning, visit the unique natural formation of the Cataract Gorge, home to the longest single-span chairlift in the world, followed by an orientation tour of the city. The afternoon is yours to spend at leisure, exploring all that Launceston has to offer. Consider an optional experience on a Cataract Gorge River Cruise.
Day 7 - Bridestowe Lavender Estate, producer of high quality lavender since 1922, is your first stop. Later, visit the Legerwood Carved Memorial Trees site, then follow the picturesque east coast to Bicheno. This evening you might like to take an optional experience tour to see either Bicheno's wild penguins as they emerge from the ocean (seasonal), or the iconic Tasmanian Devil.
Day 8 - Today, experience the grandeur of Freycinet National Park, taking a guided walk to the lookout at Cape Tourville that affords astonishing views across brilliant blue water, verdant forest and golden beaches. On your way to Hobart, you'll travel through Swansea and Orford and make a lunch stop in historic Richmond. The village is famous for its elegant Georgian architecture, with beautiful heritage buildings dating to the 1820s now housing galleries, tea shops, craft boutiques and museums.
Day 9 - Explore the Port Arthur Historic Site today, taking a cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a fascinating guided walk of the remains of Port Arthur's infamous convict prison. There will be time for you to wander the site at your leisure. On the drive back to Hobart, see the amazing natural rock formations of the craggy Tasman Arch, the Devil's Kitchen and the Blowhole. This evening, mingle with your Travel Director and fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner in one of Hobart's popular restaurants.
Day 10 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans