From 08/06/2021 to 04/04/2022
Auckland ‘City of Sails'Maori Culture, RotoruaWellington CityTauranga and Mount MaunganuiImmerse yourself in rich Maori Culture with a traditional HangiExplore Te Papa, the museum of New Zealand.
Comfortable accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Auckland, New Zealand's City of Sails. Flights can arrive any time prior to 4.00pm and you will be transferred to your Auckland hotel by private car. After you check in, you can head out and explore Auckland. This evening, meet your fellow travellers and your Travel Director at a welcome reception and dinner at your hotel.
Day 2 - A city sights tour will start your morning in Auckland. Travel around the waterfront from central city out to Mission Bay. Prepare your camera for the stop at Bastion Point and the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial, as you will get stunning shots of Auckland, the North Shore and the Waitemata.
Day 3 - You're invited to a Be My Guest lunch at the home of Lance and Bridgette O'Sullivan, New Zealand horse racing royalty. Enjoy a sumptuous country-style lunch at the Red Barn on their beautiful Waikato farm. Later, travel to the harbourside city of Tauranga, located in the Bay of Plenty region. A bridge over the harbour connects Tauranga to Mount Maunganui, where you'll have an afternoon at leisure. Why not walk up the extinct namesake volcano with winding walking paths or relax on the main beach, this glorious stretch of golden sand has been voted the best in the country.
Day 4 - Travel through Te Puke, known as the kiwifruit capital of New Zealand with around 80% of all kiwifruit grown in New Zealand, grown here. You'll stop at Kiwifruit Country, a family owned business that is set amongst a 60-hectare orchard. Later, it's on to Rotorua for an orientation tour that takes in views of Lake Rotorua. This afternoon you'll visit Te Puia and tour through the Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve. Tonight, an evening of culture, history and scrumptious food awaits you at the Tamaki M?ori Village. Wander through the ancient forest village and learn about M?ori art forms and traditions, followed by a concert featuring local performers. Experience an authentic M?ori Hangi Highlight Dinner, steamed underground in the traditional way.
Day 5 - Today choose from a range of Included Choice sightseeing experiences. You could take a fascinating tour of the Hobbiton movie set, enjoy a guided tour through the long galleries and lofty chambers of the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves or explore Rotorua and its lakes in an amphibious WWII era Duck.
Day 6 - Say Haere Ra (goodbye) to Rotorua this morning and journey out through pine forests and farmland to a little hidden spot, the turquoise torrent of rapids known as Huka Falls. The road ahead unfolds in a broad panorama of Lake Taupo, New Zealand's largest lake. The stunningly blue fresh water of Lake Taupo is home to some of the best trout fishing in the world. You will then journey south over the Central Plateau, New Zealand's main volcanic area, and along the Kapiti Coast to New Zealand's capital city, Wellington. Tonight, you are free to dine as you wish.
Day 7 - Discover more of Wellington this morning. There's time to explore the Parliament buildings and the 'Beehive', home to New Zealand's politicians, as well as the many fascinating exhibits at Te Papa Museum of New Zealand. Say farewell to your fellow travellers before you are transferred by private car to Wellington Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 07 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans