The Wildflower Wanderer
From 11/09/2021 to 24/09/2021
Perth City TourKings Park & Botanical GardensIllegal Tender Rum Co tour and hosted lunchMurchison River Gorge - Kalbarri National ParkLinton StationOakabella HomesteadVisit The PinnaclesHMAS Sydney Memorial – GeraldtonKalbarri SkywalkHutt Lagoon (Pink Lake)Extended touring through Wildflower region.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - On arrival in the Western Australia capital of Perth you will meet up with your Travel Director. Get to know your fellow travellers at a Welcome Reception, with the setting sun over the Swan River as your backdrop.
Day 2 - Admire the breathtaking views of the Western Australian coastline as you head north towards your destination, the beautiful coastal town of Kalbarri. Near Dongara, you'll meet the young family who own and operate the award-winning Illegal Tender Rum Co. Join your hosts for a behind the scenes tour of the distillery, indulging in special tastings throughout. Enjoy lunch prepared with local produce, on the purposebuilt deck of the distillery with its views of the property. On arrival in Kalbarri, witness the spectacular scenery of the Murchison River Gorge.
Day 3 - Discover the spectacular landscapes and wildflowers of Kalbarri National Park. Between unearthing the wildflowers, for which this park is famous, you'll appreciate the sights of Hawks Head, Nature's Window and the panoramic views from the Skywalk jutting out over the Murchison River.
Day 4 - Explore historic Lynton Station, established in 1853 as a Convict Depot, and Station Homestead, before bracing yourself for the spectacular view of the Pink Lake of Hutt Lagoon. Continuing along the historical tones of the day, you'll visit Oakabella Homestead, where the owner will take you on a tour of the property followed by lunch. Your last stop is a visit to the moving HMAS Sydney Memorial, set high on the hill overlooking Geraldton.
Day 5 - Another exciting day in the search for wildflowers as you head west and discover small towns like Mullewa. This area is a hotspot for stunning displays of everlastings and flowering shrubs, along roadsides and in the surrounding nature reserves. Your Travel Director will take you to where the wildflowers are known to be in bloom. This may be Coalseam Conservation Park or perhaps further west of Mullewa.
Day 6 - Following the coastline towards Perth, you'll visit Nambung National Park to wander through the famous Pinnacles. These amazing natural limestone structures, some standing as tall as five metres, were formed thousands of years ago after the sea receded and left deposits of seashells. Over time, coastal winds removed the surrounding sand, leaving the pillars exposed to the elements. This evening in Perth, join your Travel Director and fellow wildflower lovers for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 7 - One of the most beautiful inner-city parks in Australia, Kings Park is home to the spectacular Western Australian Botanic Garden. With over 3,000 species of the State's unique flora, the stunning collection of the Wildflowers is unique, and a fitting end to your Western Australia wildflower experience.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans