NEW ZEALAND ADVENTURE
From 09/01/2023 to 17/12/2023
Breakfasts Included: 13.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Breakfasts Included: 13.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN AUCKLAND Welcome to Auckland! Please schedule flights to arrive by 4pm in time for a welcome meeting and drink.
Day 2 - AUCKLAND - ROTORUA. Start your day with the All Blacks Experience, an interactive, fully-guided showcase of one of New Zealand's greatest sporting teams. Discover the stories behind some of rugby's most famous players and face the full force of the haka from a virtual All Blacks side. Depart Auckland and head south, travelling through rolling green countryside, stopping in the quirky town of Tirau for a guided walk. Arrive in Rotorua, the geothermal and Māori centre of New Zealand. The remainder of the day is at leisure. This evening, why not enjoy a walk amongst the majestic redwoods on the Rotorua Tree Top Walk? (B)
Day 3 - ROTORUA Today, experience an intimate look into day-to-day life at Whakarewarewa Living Maori village. Your Local Guide will educate and delight you with stories of the Village. Take a walk on the boardwalks to see boiling hot mud pools and learn how the residents use the natural geothermal energy for everyday use. Experience traditional dances and songs, including the legendary haka. The rest of the day is yours to explore on your own. You may want to visit the Polynesian Spa for a relaxing treatment, enjoy views of Lake Rotorua from a zip line, hire a bike and explore the network of local trails, see the Lake District on a genuine WWII amphibious landing craft, or get a bird's eye view of volcanoes, craters, and lakes on a scenic flight. (B,L)
Day 4 - ROTORUA - LAKE TAUPO - WELLINGTON. Travel south today to Lake Taupo, New Zealand's largest lake. Enjoy a kayak tour past steep cliffs and inlets before viewing 12 meter-high Māori rock carvings. Your guide will explain the carving's cultural significance to the lake and surrounding areas as you float beneath them. Continue to Wellington where this evening you'll enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)
Day 5 - WELLINGTON - INTERISLANDER FERRY - PICTON - NELSON. See the highlights of Wellington this morning on a city tour before boarding a ferry for the scenic journey across the Cook Strait to the South Island. Continue to Nelson, known as "Sunny Nelson" due to its fantastic climate. There's time for an orientation tour and a cider and wine tasting at McCashins Brewery before arriving at your hotel. This evening, why not opt to explore the thriving art and craft scene, stroll through one of the many gardens and parks, or try some of the fresh local cuisine. (B)
Day 6 - NELSON Enjoy a day at leisure in this spectacular part of New Zealand. You may choose to take an optional excursion and explore the Farewell Spit with its dramatic coastal cliffs, abundant wildlife, historic lighthouse, and stunning views. Other options include kayaking in nearby Abel Tasman National Park, browsing local art galleries, taking in some of the region's stunning scenery on a bicycle tour, or discovering local specialties including craft beers, wine, fruits and seafood. Your Tour Director will have suggestions to make the most of your stay. (B)
Day 7 - NELSON - GREYMOUTH. Travel to Greymouth, a former gold rush town on the west coast. This afternoon, enjoy a private jade carving demonstration with a traditional carver. The remainder of the day is at leisure. You may wish to tour Monteith's Brewery, get some exercise on the Enchanted Forest Quad bike tour, or visit the unique glowworm caves. (B)
Day 8 - GREYMOUTH - FRANZ JOSEF. This morning, enjoy the breathtaking views from the Westcoast Treetops Walk where you will walk among these rainforest giants. Next, explore the spectacular UNESCO World Heritage area of Franz Josef. A Local Guide will take you through the Franz Josef Valley and you will learn about the glacier's history, see what is left behind by this majestic giant, and learn the legend of Ka Roimate o Hine Hukatere. After a brief climb to the Glacier Viewpoint, you will be rewarded with spectacular views of the changing face of the glacier. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. You may opt to take a kayak tour, explore more walking tracks on your own, take a scenic flightseeing or helicopter tour, spend time at the West Coast Wildlife Centre, or relax in one of the glacier hot pools. (B)
Day 9 - FRANZ JOSEF - WANAKA - QUEENSTOWN. Today, journey through rainforests and over Haast Pass. Stop in the resort town of Wanaka for time to explore on your own. Arrive in Queenstown for an orientation tour and a visit to Broken Heart Spirits Distillery to learn about the friendship that founded the distillery and to taste some of the award winning spirits crafted from some of the purest waters in the world. Your evening is at leisure to explore more on your own. Why not take the gondola to the top of Bob's Peak for some of the best stargazing? (B)
Day 10 - QUEENSTOWN Enjoy a day at leisure. Options for your free time include an exciting jet boat ride on the Dart River, a self-guided cycling tour, see movie locations on a Lord of the Rings tour, grab a burger at the famous Fergburger, sample some of the region's best wines, go to new heights on a scenic helicopter flight, or browse the many shops and art galleries in town. (B)
Day 11 - QUEENSTOWN - DOUBTFUL SOUND - TE ANAU. Leaving Queenstown, head into the best kept secret in New Zealand, Doubtful Sound. Experience a journey which rivals Milford in spectacular beauty but remains completely uncongested. Join a cruise along the fiords and marvel at the waterfalls, the beauty of the surrounds, and a chance to see wildlife such as dolphins, seals, and penguins. In the afternoon, return to Te Anau for an evening at leisure. (B,L)
Day 12 - TE ANAU - MANDEVILLE - DUNEDIN. En route to Dunedin, the "Edinburgh of the South", visit the Croydon Aviation Centre and see its heritage collection of 1920s and 30s aircraft. Arrive in Dunedin and enjoy a city sightseeing tour followed by a tasting at the famous Speights Brewery. This evening is at leisure. (B)
Day 13 - DUNEDIN - OAMARU - LAKE TEKAPO. This morning, enjoy a wildlife cruise along the rugged coastline. Learn about the local wildlife, history, and geology. Keep your eyes open for fur seals, hector's dolphins, blue penguins, and ocean birds including the royal albatross. Stop in Oamaru with free time to explore the Victorian heritage and experience the quirky Steampunk attractions. Next, enjoy a wine and cheese tasting at boutique winery, River-T. This evening, join your Tour Director for a farewell dinner under the sweeping southern night sky. (B,D)
Day 14 - LAKE TEKAPO - CHRISTCHURCH. This morning, you may wish to take the Lake Tekapo walk to admire the views of the lakefront and the picturesque, Church of the Good Shepherd. Continue to Christchurch. The coach will make a stop at the Christchurch International Airport for homebound passengers. Schedule flights after 2pm. A stop will also be made at the Ibis Christchurch Hotel for any guests wishing to extend their time in Christchurch. Hotel nights are available for purchase. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans