Europe From London (Dover), England
Day 1 - London (Dover) Be captivated by cliff-top walks and 2,000 years of history on cruises from Dover, England. Set against the backdrop of the White Cliffs and peering across to France on the other side of the English Channel, Dover’s setting is a sight to behold. This bustling English port is steeped in history and coastal beauty. Explore the secret tunnels beneath medieval Dover Castle and easily make your way to iconic London landmarks like Buckingham Palace and the House of Parliament.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - Stavanger, Norway Charming Stavanger is one of Norway’s most vibrant cities, guarding the mouth of the breathtaking Lysefjord and the richest offshore oil reserves in Europe. You can explore Norway’s diverse landscape of dramatic fjords, green valleys, and high mountains. This coastal city offers access to some of the greenest, most unpolluted land and seascapes in the world. Stavanger also has a diverse collection of engaging history museums and wooden fishermen’s houses dotted along its bustling harbor.
Day 4 - Skjolden Skjolden is a village in the municipality of Luster in Vestland county, Norway. It is located at the end of the Lustrafjorden, a branch of the Sognefjorden.
Day 4 - Sognefjord Norway’s longest and deepest fjord is Sognefjord. Impressed yet? Well, it also holds those very same world records. Okay... now that’s 127 miles of cool! Carnival cruises to the region dedicate serious time to exploring the fjord up-close, and you’ll enjoy great views — from the natural beauty of waterfalls and snow-covered mountain peaks to olden-times architecture — all from the comfort of your ship. One branch of the fjord (they’re actually called “arms”) even made the UNESCO World Heritage List — the Nærøyfjord is Sognefjord’s narrowest and definitely it’s most famous arm.
Day 5 - Alesund Your cruise to Alesund docks in one of Norway’s most picturesque destinations. Marvel at the stunning brick and stone buildings in the German style known as Jugendstil that make Alesund the quintessential Art Nouveau town. Its striking design against a magnificent natural backdrop of fjords and snow-capped peaks makes for some truly spectacular vistas. Not too far off, you can come face to face with the ultimate climbing feat at the dramatic cliffs of Trollveggen or Troll Mountain. Or you can just lay back and take in the magnificent scenery along the way to the rich and fertile region of Valldal, where you can indulge in the fresh fruit of the land.
Day 6 - Molde With your back to the town of Molde, Norway, you’ll first notice the incredible Romsdal Alps. You’ll wonder at their beauty — and the fact that somebody counted all 222 of them — but take your photos and turn around, because Molde is waiting! There’s a lot more to discover here … like why it’s known as the “Town of Roses.” That one is actually easy: residential areas, parks and streets alike are lined with colorful floral life — even the roof of the town hall gets in on the act! Two of the best ways to get a sense of life in the area are actually local museums: the Romsdal Museum features a collection of historic buildings arranged into a small village, plus don’t miss the nearby Fisheries Museum, your best look into the daily lives of the men who ply the surrounding seas harvesting herring. Still holding your camera? Of course you are. Take it to Trollstigen, an incredible mountain and valley that feature one incredibly convenient lookout point.
Day 7 - Olden Norway’s village of Olden has only about 500 residents, but some of the most spectacular postcard–worthy views … not to mention a great neighbor in Jostedalbreen Glacier! It’s so cool with its gigantic ice sheets—Europe’s largest—but did we mention that Jostedalbreen is also a national park? For views that are a bit more serene but still packed with beauty, look to the placid Olden Lake. And don’t miss the village of Loen — another neighbor, this one features farms dating back 2,000 years.
Day 7 - Nordfjord Another highlight within Sogn og Fjordane county is Nordfjord. This beauty is the sixth longest fjord in Norway. Nordfjord spans 66 miles and features striking glaciers, immense waterfalls, and massive, snow-capped mountains that on the highest peaks, offer skiing all year long. Cruise the winding fjord as it flows through several fishing communities that date back to before the Viking Era, as well as quaint towns along the coast, including Stryn, Gloppen, Eid, and Bremanger. Added to this already scenic route are lovely valleys, well-preserved farms, steep mountainsides, and deep, pristine waters for your viewing. Sail along Nordfjord for a scenic maritime adventure that you will relish in.
Day 8 - Bergen You simply can’t reach Bergen by sea without first passing through incredible fjords that lead your ship to the town’s harbor. And maybe you didn’t know that the city’s name means “the green meadow among the mountains,” but one look is all it takes to believe it — Norway’s second-largest city and one-time capital welcomes you with a harbor of colorful buildings called Bryggen, a World Heritage Site, that’s nicely backdropped by a lush tree-lined mountain. But don’t just gaze at the mountain… get up there! Mt. Fløyen is where folks flock, thanks to the easy “climb” — just ride the funicular train that takes you right to the top. Back down at sea level is a deliciously welcoming fish market and the region’s own Hardangerfjord, Norway’s second-largest fjord.
Day 9 - At Sea
Day 10 - London (Dover) Be captivated by cliff-top walks and 2,000 years of history on cruises from Dover, England. Set against the backdrop of the White Cliffs and peering across to France on the other side of the English Channel, Dover’s setting is a sight to behold. This bustling English port is steeped in history and coastal beauty. Explore the secret tunnels beneath medieval Dover Castle and easily make your way to iconic London landmarks like Buckingham Palace and the House of Parliament.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 June 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..