Great Bight Coastal Discovery
From 01-Mar-2022 to 30-Apr-2022
Experiences in 16 destinations.
14 nights aboard the MS Caledonian Sky with daily excursions on Zodiac vessels.
Locally inspired dining - a total of 41 meals and a wide range of onboard beverages.
Services of an APT Expedition Leader and Team.
Take an exciting charter flight over the Flinders Ranges, Wilpena Pound and Lake Eyre.
Wade into the waters of Coffin Bay to enjoy oysters and a glass of bubbly.
Swim at Twilight Cove, hemmed in by 70-metre-high cliffs .
Take a culinary tour through Margaret River.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Adelaide, Embark Ship
You’ll be met on arrival in Adelaide and transferred to your ship. Meet your captain and crew at tonight’s welcome reception and dinner.
Day 2 - Adelaide, Wilpena Pound, Flinders Ranges, Lake Eyre Step ashore in Adelaide for a Signature Experience.
Day 3 - Kangaroo Island Enjoy Kangaroo Island’s astonishing wildlife and scenery during a tour which includes a birds of prey show. Look for kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, penguins, goannas, and array of birdlife.
Day 4 - Port Lincoln, Coffin Bay We make our way to Port Lincoln on the Eyre Peninsula. Home to the largest fishing fleet in the Southern hemisphere, the Eyre Peninsula produces some of the best seafood in Australia. After today’s Signature Experience, you will have some free time. The adventurous may choose to do a shark cage dive or swim with sea lions. Alternatively, visit the Boston Brewery for a cold local beer (both experiences additional expense).
Day 5 - Port Lincoln Enjoy a free morning to explore Port Lincoln at your own pace. Your ship will set sail before lunch.
Day 6 - Ceduna, Point Labatt, Point Westall Travel to Point Labatt and observe the sea lion colony from a purpose-built viewing platform. Continue on to the Westall Way Loop Coastal Scenic Drive along the rugged coastline. Take in the stunning cliffs and ocean below, and stop at Smooth Pool for some snorkelling.
Day 7 - Ceduna, Smoky Bay Arrive today at the sleepy town of Smoky Bay. Browse the art on show at the Ceduna Arts and Culture Centre, which provides development opportunities for local Indigenous communities and also sells artwork on behalf of artists in the Far West Coast region of South Australia. Spend the afternoon exploring the landscapes of Laura Bay Conservation Park.
Day 8 - At Sea, Great Australian Bight It takes two days to cross the Great Australian Bight, which separates the east and west of Australia. It’s the perfect opportunity to relax and enjoy the facilities on board your ship.
Day 9 - At Sea, Great Australian Bight Spend a further day at sea as your ship makes its way into Western Australian waters.
Day 10 - Israelite Bay, Daw Island Dock at Israelite Bay and take a Zodiac to the shore, where you’ll find woodlands, sand dunes and salt lakes, as well as the restored ruins of the National Trust-classified Post Office and Telegraph Station. Go for a swim and, if weather permits, enjoy a beach BBQ. It’s then on to remote Daw Island, home to a large seal colony and a plethora of birdlife.
Day 11 - Esperance Cruise through the stunning Recherche Archipelago on the way to Esperance. Head along the Great Ocean Drive via stunning beaches, rugged cliffs and polished granite boulders. See Salmon Beach Wind Farm, Australia’s first wind farm, view the landscapes of Cape Le Grand National Park and stop for a drink at Lucky Bay Brewing Co. After a photo stop at Pink Lake, and a dip at Twilight Cove, you have a free afternoon in Esperance.
Day 12 - Albany View Torndirrup National Park’s geological formations, including the Natural Bridge and The Gap. At the Blowholes, listen for the booming sounds as water is forced up into a crack in the granite cliffs. Back in Albany, explore the National Anzac Centre and the Brig Amity museum.
Day 13 - Augusta, Margaret River Visit Lake Cave and Mammoth Cave, where you’ll see spectacular stalactite, stalagmite and shawl formations as well as an impressive collection of dinosaur fossils. Travel into the Margaret River region for a Signature Experience.
Day 14 - Margaret River, Busselton Spend the morning on your chosen Freedom of Choice activity. Later, be guided around the town of Busselton. Walk along the longest timber jetty in the southern hemisphere, admire St Mary’s Anglican Church, built in 1844 of limestone and jarrah, and spend time at the Busselton Museum.
Day 15 - Disembark Ship Fremantle, Depart Perth Disembark your ship for the final time in Fremantle and be transferred to Perth Airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans