Tasmania & South Australia Expedition Cruise
From 01-Sep-2021 to 30-Apr-2022
Experiences in 12 locations.
11 nights aboard the MS Caledonian Sky with excursion on Zodiac vessels.
Services of an APT Expedition Leader and Team.
Locally inspired dining - a total of 32 meals and a wide range of onboard beverages.
Take an exciting charter flight over the Flinders Ranges, Wilpena Pound and Lake Eyre.
Wade into the waters of Coffin Bay to enjoy oysters and a glass of bubbly.
Cruise to King Island and Kangaroo Island.
Visit remote Port Davey on the southwest coast of Tasmania.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Adelaide, Embark Ship
We’ll meet you on arrival in Adelaide and transfer you to your expedition ship. Your first night on board starts as it should, with a relaxed dinner.
Day 2 - Adelaide, Wilpena Pound, Flinders Ranges, Lake Eyre Step ashore in Adelaide for a Signature Experience.
Day 3 - Port Lincoln, Coffin bay We make our way to Port Lincoln on the Eyre Peninsula. Home to the largest fishing fleet in the Southern hemisphere, the Eyre Peninsula produces some of the best seafood in Australia. After today’s Signature Experience, you will have some free time. Perhaps visit the Boston Brewery for a cold local beer (at additional expense).
Day 4 - Kangaroo Island Enjoy Kangaroo Island’s astonishing wildlife and scenery during a tour which includes a birds of prey show. Look for kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, penguins, goannas, and array of birdlife.
Day 5 - Robe, Limestone Coast Cruise into the world-renowned Limestone Coast area and the port of Robe, gateway to the Coonawarra wine region. Visit boutique wineries before discovering the ancient Naracoorte Caves.
Day 6 - Portland Historic Portland, on Victoria’s coast, is a renowned viewing area for Southern Right and Blue whales. It is also closely associated with Australia’s first saint, Mary MacKillop. We have most of the day to explore the area.
Day 7 - King Island Located in Bass Strait, King Island is a peaceful paradise with rugged coastlines, beautiful beaches and wonderful nature walks. Visit the famous King Island Dairy to taste its cheeses on a tour that includes Grassy Lighthouse, Seal Rocks State Reserve and Lavinia Nature Reserve.
Day 8 - Burnie Arrive in Tasmanian waters today. A morning tour of Burnie will take you to the Makers Workshop artisan centre and Emu Valley Rhododendron Gardens. Then visit the boutique Hellyers Road Distillery for a spot of whiskey tasting.
Day 9 - Coles Bay, Freycinet National Park Today is dedicated to exploring the rugged landscapes of Freycinet National Park. Visit Cape Tourville, admiring the stunning coastal scenery, and spend time at the lovely town of Coles Bay.
Day 10 - Port Davey We cruise overnight to Port Davey, where a Signature Experience awaits.
Day 11 - Port Arthur Travel by Zodiac to Port Arthur penal settlement. Your full day here includes a guided tour of the penitentiary and Port Arthur Gallery, with time to explore the gardens and the rest of the site.
Day 12 - Disembark Ship, Depart Hobart Arrive in Hobart this morning. You’ll have time to walk the Salamanca Market and peruse more than 300 stalls before disembarking your ship and transferring to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans