From 28/02/2021 to 06/03/2021
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 3.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN ATHENS, GREECE. Welcome to Athens! At 6 pm, meet your travelling companions for a welcome drink with your Tour Director.
Day 2 - ATHENS Sightseeing with a Local Guide features a visit to the world-famous ACROPOLIS, perched high on a rocky outcrop overlooking the city. Here, see the Parthenon, the Erechtheum with its Porch of Maidens, and the Temple of Athena Nike. Enjoy a panoramic view that includes glimpses of the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Theater of Dionysus, and the Agora, where Socrates taught, with the beautifully preserved Theseum. Later, a city orientation tour features the Parliament House and a photo stop at the Panathenaic Stadium. Built in the 2nd century AD, it is the only stadium in the world built entirely of marble, and was host to the opening and closing ceremonies of the first modern Olympics in 1896. The rest of the day is at leisure. Tonight is your chance to join an optional dinner outing to try the local fare. (B)
Day 3 - ATHENS-CORINTH CANAL-MYCENAE-EPIDAURUS-NAUPLIA. Stop at the spectacular Corinth Canal to take a photo. Highlights today include MYCENAE, where 19th-century excavations reveal impressions of the splendors so vividly described by Homer. Admire the Beehive Tombs, known as the Treasury of Atreus; Lion Gate, Europe's oldest known monument; the remains of Agamemnon's Royal Palace; and the impressive fortifications of the Citadel. Also visit the MUSEUM before continuing to EPIDAURUS for a tour of its amazingly well-preserved 2,300-year-old OPEN-AIR-THEATER. Stay overnight in nearby Nauplia. (B,D)
Day 4 - NAUPLIA-OLYMPIA. Take in the spectacular scenery on the way through the Arkadian Mountains. Then, spend the afternoon in OLYMPIA, where the athletes of antiquity competed in honor of the King of Deities. Learn about the history of those original Olympic Games as you walk among the impressive ruins of the Gymnasium and the Temples of Hera and Zeus. Also visit the MUSEUM displaying Praxiteles' magnificent statue of Hermes. Tonight, enjoy a COOKING DEMONSTRATION and learn how to make the traditional Greek tzatziki appetizer. (B,D)
Day 5 - OLYMPIA-DELPHI. Journey to mystic Delphi. The afternoon is devoted to a fascinating tour of the ancient sanctuary of the god Apollo in its dramatic setting on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Hear about the Oracle and tour the EXCAVATIONS. End the day with a visit to the ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM to admire the Charioteer, an extraordinary 5th-century-BC bronze statue. A highlight this evening is a DANCE LESSON, where you'll learn how to dance the sirtaki, made famous in the movie Zorba the Greek, accompanied by a glass of the traditional Ouzo. (B,D)
Day 6 - DELPHI-ARACHOVA-ATHENS. Leave fascinating Delphi behind you this morning and head back to Athens stopping en-route in the pretty town of Arachova located on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Enjoy panoramic views and stroll around the town to admire the picturesque architecture before arriving in Athens with time to do some last-minute exploring on your own. Tonight is your chance to savor more Greek delicacies with an optional dinner at a local restaurant. (B)
Day 7 - ATHENS Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans